Sales Development Representative - Austin
Business Development sits at the forefront of Couchbase's sales strategy and success. We seek disciplined hunters who want to join a fast-growing dynamic sales team. Top performers have an opportunity to transition to a Mid-Market Sales Representative, which has six-figure earning potential.
- Develop and execute on cold calling and email campaign strategies to qualify sales-ready leads
- Develop knowledge of the Couchbase product offering and market
- Participate in an enhanced career path and training program, preparing you to be a Mid-Market Sales Representative
- Build a sales/lead pipeline with qualified opportunities for SMB and Enterprise sales teams
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Qualify outbound opportunities and develop a strong pipeline via phone and email communications
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Driven to hunt for new business opportunities and build a strong sales pipeline
- Enjoy engaging executives and developers in intelligent conversations about their business needs and closing them on having a meeting with a Sales Exec
- Self-motivated with a hunger to be successful. We are a fast-growing company and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role
- Highly competitive, achievement-oriented, motivated, and driven to exceed goals
- Strong presence on the phone and well-written communication
- Have high energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and tenacity to succeed
- Interest in Technology
- Possess strong communications and interpersonal skills, with an engaging personality
- Strong track record of performance in a previous sales role.
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Meet or exceed sales quota consistently
- Salesforce experience would be preferable
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open-source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, You’ll Get
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check Out Some Recent Industry Recognition
- DBTA Readers' Choice Awards: Best Database Overall and Best In-Memory Database
- 2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
- Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
- Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
- Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
- Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications