Agile Senior Solutions Consultant
You: The Agile Solution Consultant works in the field sales team and drives revenue focusing on our Agile solution area, by supporting new sales opportunities directly, and by coaching/advising sales and presales team members on their activities. You are great at showing how Agile Investments are planned and optimized using our SaaS based products. You will manage compelling solution-based presentations, demos, and technical validation activities that prove how we deliver business value, as well as help pioneer new sales efforts in this space for Apptio. This person will lead solution design and be technically responsible for sales wins. To succeed in this team, this individual needs to have great communication skills and have the passion and energy to work in a fast-paced environment and make the larger team successful.
Working On Our Newest Product Line, Apptio TargetProcess
- Connect portfolio, products and teams with the platform for the agile enterprise!
- Adopt and scale agile across your enterprise with a single source of truth.
- See performance across the portfolio of projects and products to allocate & prioritize investments.
- Align strategic goals to tactical work execution with greater visibility.
- Connect development efforts to business value.
Us: We are a dynamic team that adapt to the demanding needs of the sales organization. We collaborate and share best practices to solve customer challenges daily. This role is created to support Apptio’s field sales organization in Europe, with a focus on our growing Agile solutions area. Our products fulfil Apptio’s mission of Cloud Cost Optimization & Technology Business Management. The cultural value that describes our team best is that we continuously improve because we are always looking for ways to learn and do things better.
- Agile knowledge leader: Develop the field team’s knowledge, by communicating customer needs, case studies, use cases and competitive solutions to help foster a strong team able to position and convert Apptio’s solutions with the customer base.
- Discovery: Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities and in discovering a particular prospect’s IT business management challenges and vision for a solution to those challenges.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver engaging product presentations and configured demonstrations to prove Apptio’s ability to meet a prospect’s Agile workload and investment management challenges. The resulting demonstration and subsequent outcomes are initial proofs as to how Apptio can deliver value around Agile Investments based on what was learned about that prospect throughout the engagement. These are to be delivered both live and remote.
- Technical Validation Events: Manage to successful conclusion the technical validation events that require Apptio Presales to leverage data and other information provided by a prospect to show that prospect, in detail specific to them, the value of leveraging Apptio’s solution.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of a response to a specific prospect’s request for information or proposal, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Coaching, Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solution Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Product Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field.
- Proven commercial Agile domain experience and expertise, either as a participant in portfolio level discussions, or a practitioner of implementing Agile methodology within IT/Business scenarios.
- Previous successful experience as a Solution Consultant / Sales Engineer or Consultant
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Agile methodology with relevant certifications or experiences.
- University degree in engineering, computer science, MIS, finance or equivalent.
- Experience working with and selling to IT organizations of all sizes and industries.
- Experience using/implementing Targetprocess.
- Familiarity with basic financial and accounting concepts.
- Familiarity with some of the tools used to manage an IT organization, including project management & work planning, service desk, project management, asset management, database management, reporting, and Excel.
- Fluency in any other European languages would be a bonus.
- Training/certification in ITIL or equivalent is a bonus.
This is a remote job.
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping organizations make trusted technology investment decisions to drive better business outcomes.