Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative - Outbound
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Our solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
Today, Learning Ally reaches over 1,600,000 students, 260,000 educators and 21,600 schools across the country and continues to expand its reach. With a continued commitment to supporting students who learn differently, Learning Ally has joined researchers and neuroscientists from renowned institutions including UCSF and MIT, to better understand and address learning issues. You will find that our culture is one that is very committed to our mission, innovation, professional growth, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Purpose of the Position: Working in a team environment and in conjunction with the Sales Manager and the Implementation Success Manager, the SDR is responsible for researching and identifying potential clients and providing leads (appointments) to the Sales team to achieve sales and revenue quotas for the assigned territory. Also to build our brand awareness and share brand knowledge with the new client.
This role is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts through both inbound and outbound activities. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects acting as the initial point of contact. This role will be primarily focused around researching companies through emails, calls, social media and securing meetings for our Sales team.
- Independently schedule and conduct an average of 70+outbound calls per day to ensure quota attainment
- Create a sales pipeline, prospects and opportunities for the sales team
- Educate the prospective client on benefits of Learning Ally products as necessary e.g Audiobook solution, PL, Excite to prospects
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Audio book solution Excite and PL products
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness and to ask for referrals
- Collaborate with sales team members on strategic sales approach and help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events
- Ensure cold calls and activity quotas are met
- Document clearly weekly scheduling in NetSuite and clearly outline and communicate follow up activity
- Ensure that all interactions with internal and external customers adhere to the standards and integrity of the organization
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Go the extra mile to engage customers - Use consultative sales skills to communicate the value and benefits of Learning Ally that best match the needs of our customers
- Develop new opportunities with existing customers by following up on all incoming calls and leads to ensure every customer opportunity is given professional and proper attention with our products and services fully explained in order to generate revenue growth
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of market competitors; New products and services and use this knowledge to overcome objections and advise on the benefits of Learning Ally products and services
High School diploma or College degree, BA preferred
- Tele sales experience required, preferably in K-12 education industry, true hunter
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven inside sales/tele sales experience .
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented in a highly accountable environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of social selling
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong work ethic a must
- Positive attitude with high energy and self confidence
- Ability, drive and motivation to close sales and meet or exceed sales developmental goals
- Proven effectiveness in successful sales and cold calling (minimum of 50 to 75 dials per day)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a high volume of people
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Strong organizational skills, time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Being flexible campaigns may change on a regular basis and they need to be able to adjust on the fly
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in operating CRM's
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office—Word, Outlook Excel, PowerPoint
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and fax machines.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass
Reports to: Manager, Customer Care
Learning Ally is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transform struggling readers with dyslexia into grade level achievers with confidence.