Senior Solutions Engineer
Itential provides powerful multi-domain network automation software to companies worldwide, from Fortune 500 telecommunications and financial service companies to enterprises of all sizes. We are committed to building world-class products that accelerate the move toward software-driven networks and next-generation, agile network operations. Our corporate headquarters are in Atlanta with additional offices in the UK and we are growing fast!
Check out just a few of our Awards!
Named one of America's fastest-growing private companies by Inc. Magazine in 2020, Itential continues to build, innovate, and dominate the network automation market. Recently, Itential was named a Progressive Leader in Network Automation by MarketsandMarkets and even further validated in Gartner's latest Market Guide for Network Automation and Orchestration. Additionally, 451 Research now a part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, released their Market Guide for Networking and mentioned Itential as Itential is pushing the envelope of network automation and orchestration with products that give enterprise IT the ability to automate complex workflows without writing code, while allowing developers to integrate with Itential's output.
Itential is looking to add a Senior Solutions Engineer (Presales) to focus on making network and digital transformation a reality for our Enterprise Customers. You will act as the key technical lead for our sales team when pursuing new software sales opportunities. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and professional individual with in-depth technical expertise as well as strong business acumen and sales skills.
An Itential Senior Solutions Engineer (Presales) is responsible for working closely with our world-class sales team to overcome and remove all technical barriers in the sales process. The ideal candidate is someone who brings technical experience and expertise in automation and enterprise networking concepts. You are energetic and you thrive on pitching a revolutionary technology to DevOps, NetOps and Executive Leadership teams. In this role, you are the trusted technical advisor who will provide in-depth explanation of all features and functionalities of Itential's products and its value proposition for Enterprise customers beginning their network automation journey.
This position will report to the Vice President of Sales Engineering, who expects you to be an integral part in meeting and exceeding established software sales goals while delivering the highest standard of quality and customer engagement throughout the sales process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support account executives during all phases of sales-cycle to secure Enterprise customers
- Perform technical demonstrations of Itential software for prospective Enterprise customers consisting of network engineers and managers, operations team members, and executive leadership stakeholders.
- Function as a technical advisor and Itential Subject Matter Expert (SME) to prospective Enterprise customers
- Maintain strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to effectively address objections to Itential solutions
- Educate customers, partners and team members on value proposition and business drivers of Itential solutions
- Author and deliver engaging presentations at high-profile industry events (e.g., conferences, webinars, podcasts etc.)
- Research and write responses to functional and technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Make recommendations on potential product improvements to the product development team according to customer feedback.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years experience in Sales Engineering of Enterprise Network Solutions with emphasis on Cloud, Data Center and Wireless technologies
- Solid understanding and experience architecting and implementing Multi-Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud networks
- Expertise in Virtualization, ITSM, CI/CD, configuration management and other automation technologies
- Familiarity with a mix of cloud, datacenter/wireless networking and virtualization solutions in the marketplace such as:
- Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- SD-WAN Technologies (Meraki, Velocloud, Fortinet, etc.)
- Data Center Technologies (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T etc.)
- Network Applications (F5 Loadbalancers, Palo Alto Firewalls, NGFW, etc.)
- Automation and DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform, GIT, etc.)
- Container Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Fargate, etc.)
- Hands on experience with integration technologies (APIs) such as REST API, gRPC, SOAP, etc.
- Solid understanding of modeling languages such as JSON, YANG, YAML and XML
- Ability to creatively explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification and closing techniques
- Excellent presentation skills across broad audiences
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with eagerness to continuously research and learn about new enterprise networking concepts and technologies
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must work successfully in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
Location: Applicants within Seattle, Atlanta and Dallas regions are preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
- A 401(k) plan with Fidelity and partial Company match (with just a 3-month waiting period)
- Short and Long-Term Disability.
- PTO and Sick Time
- Fully stocked soda fridges and snack pantries in Atlanta office
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage through Anthem/BCBS
- Flex work time
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- A sneak peek into Itential Culture (Scroll away. You'll love it!)
- And here's one employee sharing her journey with us: Itential Life
- Find out more at Itential, Inc.
This is a direct hire position. No third parties accepted. No S-Corp or Corp-to-Corp.
Itential provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The only automation platform for hybrid cloud networks.