Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
Tourmaline Labs is an AI mobility company that enables large enterprises to more effectively manage our clients’ remote workforce and assets.
Our AI powered solutions provide automation, self-managed programs with little to no human intervention and operationalizing insights to make better business decisions, reduce costs, improve safety, compliance and more efficiently run its operations.
We are an exciting multi-cultural team based in beautiful San Diego. We truly use AI on everything we do, don’t have any direct competitors and have a vast global market opportunity (large TAM, SAM, and SOM).
We are a young and energetic company, moving very fast and it is a great time to join us, just before we substantially scale up the sales and marketing teams.
About the job
As a Business Development Representative, you'll be selling Tourmaline Labs (TL) platform to large enterprise accounts and acting as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers via email, phone and LinkedIn.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales goals. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Successfully demonstrates ability to schedule meetings and qualify clients when requested on conference calls
- Manage multiple campaigns - email, LinkedIn and calls
- Schedule between 30 to 50 meetings per month
Employee Value Proposition (Why TL?)
- We are moving very fast and it is a great time to join Tourmaline Labs while we scale up the sales team. There is also a very well-defined career path to grow into a Sales Executive position, if you are successful in overachieving your goals.
- You are valued and significant! You will be crucial in driving new revenue opportunities for TL. You will report directly to the CRO which presents a unique opportunity to work with the founding member of the TL sales team.
- Very broad global market, multi-verticals, where any large company in the world is a potential client
- You have no cap on your earnings, no direct competitors, sky's the limit!
- We are an exciting multi-cultural team based in beautiful San Diego with strong values such as “together we go deep and far”.
- We truly use AI on everything we do. We are shaping the future of mobility and sell an open and highly configurable platform and innovative solutions.
- At TL our technology is ahead of our Sales and Marketing capabilities.
- There is a greater purpose in what we do – we make mobile workers and drivers more productive, fulfilled, and significantly safer, reducing fatalities, injuries and CO2 emissions.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be crucial in driving new revenue opportunities for Tourmaline Labs (TL). This role is a unique opportunity to work with the founding members of the TL sales team. You will be on the front lines introducing prospective customers to the TL Platform.
We need someone who is able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving collaborative team environment. We need someone who is not only fearless when it comes to picking up a phone to make a cold sales call, but also adept at growing warm relationships. We need someone that uses feedback to grow, that is willing to work hard to be successful. Finally, we need someone who will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business and wants to help shape the future of mobility.
- You have tasted success and have a proven track record of overachieving your quota by scheduling calls with the largest enterprises in the world.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales executives
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques including cold calls, LinkedIn and email outreach
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Use prospecting strategies to lead multi step outreach to prospects
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine the prospect's interest in Tourmaline Labs products
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Knowledge of business development and processes
- 2-4 years of professional experience preferred
- Experience reaching or exceeding activity goals/quotas
- Experience selling SaaS solutions into B2B accounts prefered
- Attention to detail and an ability to guide executional success
- Experience with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and Outreach software
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Bilingual (Spanish, French or Portuguese) preferred
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration a plus
- Fun, team player who knows how to Make It Happen!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An AI mobility company that increases productivity, safety, and compliance for your transportation workforce and fleet.