Business Development Representative
Xometry is the source for on-demand manufacturing, offering massive capacity, instant online quotes, fast lead times, and affordable pricing. Our global network of over 5,000 manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities includes CNC machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, urethane casting, and a industry-leading 3D printing service. We have a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies and can make anything from a single prototype to millions of parts.
As a Business Development Representative at Xometry, you’ll help our future customers understand how Xometry can change the way their low-volume manufacturing needs are met. You’ll join a talented team that is passionate about revolutionizing a market place and focused on maximizing Xometry’s impact and success. Business Development Representatives at Xometry have the opportunity to achieve personal and business goals by working closely with a variety of customers, as well as their peers across different functions of the organization.
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Identify potential customers, and the decision makers within the customer’s organization.
- Convert new leads and prospects into customers.
- Research and build relationships with new customers.
- Contacting potential customers via phone or email to establish rapport and set up meetings via web meetings.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing products/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Communicate and leverage key constituents to secure and retain business.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Provide sales forecast targets and opportunities and ensure goals are achieved.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Participate in ongoing training and mentoring programs.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2+ years of sales or marketing experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- WebEx/GoToMeeting, CRM experience preferred, but not required
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Excellent Communication & presentation skills; written, spoken and group
- Good business sense
- Negotiation Skills
- Plenty of initiative & results driven
- A positive attitude
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Xometry is the leading AI-enabled marketplace for on-demand manufacturing.