Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that simply aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of the Sales Development Representative
As a Gremlin Sales Development Representative, you will prospect via outbound and inbound leads to qualify and generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the business. Gremlin is dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one personal training and coaching, where you will have the opportunity to develop skills in all aspects of sales: prospecting, messaging, communication, and ultimately, join the ranks of the world-class sales team that we are building.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Be Gremlin’s first impression to prospective customers, actively delivering customer value through daily phone calls and emails.
- Perform market research to find relevant information that would resonate with customer needs and requirements - outbound to prospects.
- Gain skills to support career growth in sales or customer success roles
- Create and qualify opportunities for the sales team to validate and turn into deals won.
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Be encouraged to be creative in your approach in acquiring new business, leveraging other channels to reach prospects like LinkedIn, video, etc.
We’ll expect you to have:
*If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
- Familiarity with technology market and trends
- Desire and aptitude to learn about complex technologies in a rapidly-expanding industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Politely persistent - a demonstrated history of follow-through
- Resourceful problem solving - multitask and adapt to changing situations
- Salesforce and/or SalesLoft experience Preferred
- Previous SDR experience Preferred
- C-level outbound experience
- Drift experience/video-ing
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won't be a company if our customers aren't thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don't micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we've personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world's first enterprise Chaos Engineering platform.