This job is no longer accepting applications.
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
Verkada is seeking Solution Engineers to own and enhance the customer experience, from the proof-of-concept to the final decision. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, become a trusted advisor to customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and create solutions for unique customer challenges. You will join a team of highly motivated people delivering impactful results for the company. We are looking primarily for people who can match our fast pace and learn quickly, but prior experience with video security systems, IoT devices and access control systems is certainly helpful.
- Become the trusted technical advisor for the key decision-makers: CTOs, CISOs, and Senior Network Engineers
- Engage with sales managers to understand current deal statuses and next steps
- Leverage technical knowledge to overcome customer barriers and concerns
- Influence product direction with your unique understanding of customer needs
- Collaborate with support to accelerate product improvement
- Work with Project Managers/Operations team members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing/switching devices; No experience with products related to physical security or cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Experience working with APIs, Python, and other coding languages is a plus
- Experience working with Linux operating systems preferred
- Genuine excitement for software and hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S (Position does not provide sponsorship)
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company-paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Modern Enterprise Building Security