West Coast Enterprise Account Executive, Higher Ed
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Higher Ed Regional Account Representative, West Coast
Across higher education, focused facilities stewardship and capital planning is more critical than ever. Caring for the physical campus in the face of shifting institutional trends demands new approaches to maximizing limited resources and making smarter decisions around growing, reducing, or renewing campus space. That’s where you come in. At Gordian, the Regional Account Executive is the driving force for client acquisition and revenue growth in the higher education market segment. With your help, our customers will learn how to prioritize investments, plan their next projects, and drive meaningful outcomes for their campus.
Working in conjunction with a business development rep, marketing, and other internal resources, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the sales engagement through a complex buying cycle, from prospecting through closing. To be successful, you must be able to determine customer requirements and expectations in order to capture business intelligence, articulate Gordian’s value proposition, recommend appropriate solutions, and emphasize solution features and benefits to both business and technical stakeholders.
To succeed, you must possess excellent presentation skills and professional written communication skills. You need to be organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. The ideal candidate will understand the various pain points around campus facilities management and procurement, and have experience interacting with finance and facilities staff and leadership, and/or procurement, purchasing, and supply chain departments. Your territory covers opportunities in the Western U.S., including California, and you must be based in the territory.
Where You Will Make An Impact
- Cultivate, build, and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers in the assigned territory, including two- and four-year public and private institutions
- Manage complex deals and relationships across departments, campuses, and systems
- Be the voice of customers internally to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers
- Achieve an annual professional services sales quota based on corporate guidelines and targets.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to capture business intelligence, articulate Gordian’s value proposition, recommend appropriate solutions, and emphasize solution features and benefits to both business and technical stakeholders
- Coordinate with Enterprise Business Development team on net new customer leads
- Qualify, pursue, and close net new opportunities, pulling in overlay product specialists as needed
- Coordinate with operations teams to ensure successful implementation and delivery of the solution
- Plan, budget, forecast, and execute a sales strategy as part of a larger team
- Maintain pipeline opportunities and log all activity in Salesforce, our designated CRM
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of company solutions and competition in the market
- Participate in ongoing training to increase professional growth and job effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ previous experience selling technology, information services, or business services solutions to the higher education market and/or managing the public/private procurement process required
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed an annual sales quota, along with a proven track record of developing new business and managing the sales cycle from generating leads through closing, are required
- Excellent written, oral communication, organizational, and presentation skills are a must
- Experience in the higher education market is required, and experience calling on finance and facilities contacts within higher education is ideal
- Knowledge of the construction project lifecycle if preferred
- Tracking and managing sales opportunities within an enterprise CRM - we use Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Fortive/Gordian requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With 2017 revenues of $6.7 billion, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 26,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 50 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit www.fortive.com.
Gordian is the world’s leading provider of facility and construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the building lifecycle. A pioneer of Job Order Contracting (JOC), Gordian’s offerings also include our proprietary RSMeans data and Sightlines Facility Intelligence solutions. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian’s solutions help clients maximize efficiency, optimize cost savings and increase building quality. Gordian is a part of the international business group Fortive, with 26,000 people employed worldwide.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation." GOR000640
Your application has been successfully submitted.