Mid Market Account Executive
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about this role, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Modern Health Account Executive, you'll have the chance to work at one of the fastest-growing companies in the country - and have the opportunity to change the lives of millions! We are looking for exceptional candidates who can manage a complex and consultative sales process for mid-sized employers. We are building a lean team of high-performing Account Executives to rapidly scale Modern Health in effort to make mental healthcare accessible to employees across the world.
We have a highly collaborative sales team, where we seek to get better every day and work as a team to reach both our revenue targets and our mission of delivering behavioral health solutions to thousands!
We're committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You'll Do-
- Partner with VP leaders at Mid-sized companies - and run the full sales cycle from qualification to close (partnering closely with an SDR team)
- Deeply understand customer needs and map our solution to the challenges they are facing
- Serve as a trusted advisor to companies, helping to educate them on the mental health landscape - and inspiring them on the value of Modern Health's new approach
- Work with and prioritize a large pipeline of opportunities in a highly strategic way
- Independently create and deliver customized presentations and proposals
- Partner closely with our Customer Success team to ensure a smooth handoff for all new customers
- Consistently look for ways to innovate on our sales process and product offering - and collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, and Operations organizations
- Deliver accurate and dependable sales forecasts - and independently maintain sales pipeline with the goal of consistently attaining and exceeding targets
Who You Are-
- 3+ years in a quota carrying, closing sales experience selling a B2B product
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience in successfully closing business while navigating a complex sales cycle
- Expert listening and discovery skills - and ability to map product value to customer needs
- A natural curiosity about behavioral health and how it impacts organizations
- Collaborative and a team player
- Startup and lean sales model experience with a drive for results
- Understands the value of prioritization
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience running the complete sales cycle from demo and qualification to close, including strong negotiation abilities
- Experience selling to HR or Benefits leaders a plus
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there's more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday-themed activities, team-building events and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Offering global, personalized mental health care designed to help you feel more resilient, productive, and empowered.