Senior Account Executive, Accounting
Bill.com, together with its wholly owned subsidiaries Divvy and Invoice2go, is focused on being the one stop shop that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments. The AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has its headquarters in San Jose, California with offices in Houston, Texas, Draper, Utah, and Sydney, Australia.
We are looking for talented, high performing team players to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving monthly revenue goals by mapping, strategizing, and expanding sales in existing mid-size accounting firms. You will work with firms that are currently customers of Bill.com to better align with firms' needs and initiatives to better secure Bill.com as an indispensable strategic partner. If you're a motivated sales professional with least 5 years of experience exceeding quotas in a high volume, high velocity outbound selling environment, we want to talk to you.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of software/SaaS inside sales experience
- Proven track record achieving sales goals using high-volume calling environment
- Experience conducting sales presentations and product demos via web conferencing tools
- Ability to develop and execute customer-focused, consultative sales skills
- Previous experience selling to CPAs, Accounting firms, bookkeepers, banking is a bonus
- Available to work full-time from Bill.com from home office
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding MM sales process. Can resolve a wide range of problems in creative ways.
- Industry knowledge of Accounting Firms and experience in channel selling or FinTech preferred
- Sales experience at a tech company Required
- History of quota attainment and/or sales awards.
- Ability to plan and execute long term sales strategies with customers
- Ability to educated clients on Bill.com as well as consult on industry best practices and trends
- Is able to adjust sales process by clients roles as well as department within clients organization
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Professional presence and confident, articulate communication skills
- Tech savvy - awareness and experience using SaaS applications and translating technical features into business concepts
- Forecast accuracy - maintain account and opportunity information within our internal CRM systems
- Team Player - Good sense of humor, Humble, Competitive, Collaborative
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-starting individual. Persistence and tenacity is key for success in this role.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, strong time-management skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability – things move fast around here!
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
Within 30 days of employment:
Shadow other Account Executives and attend Sales Bootcamp to learn about Bill.com products, organization, and success metrics for the business and your role.
Understand Accounting landscape - trends, thought leaders, technology, competition.
Demonstrate understanding of Bill.com value proposition and effectively communicate this message to prospective customers.
Achieve certification on the Bill.com Accountant platform demo and sales messaging.
Learn the current Bill.com sales process and and business development tools and understand key metrics for success in your role.
Within 60 days of employment:
Build an opportunity pipeline by engaging with new prospective accounts.
Initiate and demonstrate ability to create connections with decision makers through outbound calls, email, and social forums.
Use Salesforce.com to build, manage, and maintain all data and intelligence gathered through the sales process. Track and report all activities and results using Salesforce.
Advance in-depth knowledge of Bill.com solutions, industry trends, and competition.
Within 90 days of employment
Meet all sales and performance objectives including daily activity targets and monthly quota attainment.
Deliver accurate monthly forecasts of your territory.
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Your application has been successfully submitted.