Resident Solution Architect
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is the SQL Lakehouse company, enabling companies to leverage open data architectures. Dremio’s SQL Lakehouse Platform simplifies data engineering and eliminates the need to copy and move data to proprietary data warehouses or create cubes, aggregation tables and BI extracts, providing flexibility and control for data architects and data engineers, and self-service for data consumers. Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About The Role
The Resident Solution Architect (RSA) will engage post Dremio implementation with key strategic enterprise customers who require advanced architecture designs and ongoing services. The RSA embodies the highest level of technical and industry knowledge and whose experiences will be leveraged by the customer and Customer Success team to increase adoption, retention, expansion and overall customer experience.
This role will work in concert with the other members of the Professional Services team and Product Support, as well as Account Executives and Pre-Sales Solution Architects to execute key account strategies. The RSA's are ultimately deployed to ensure customers fully leverage and get value from all aspects of Dremio.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with customers to reinforce technical and architectural best practices for Dremio and the Data Lake
- Introduce new platform capabilities through technical workshops, platform reviews, continuous education and technical mentoring
- Bring a level of proactive technical expertise that enables creating a Center of Excellence (COE) within each customer
- Work directly with customer’s technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Participate in quarterly or semi-annual reviews of the customers environment reviewing use-case, configuration, utilization and overall technical health, to both customer and Dremio senior management
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and dig in to help address customer issues alongside Dremio Support Engineers and Core Engineering
- Recommend proactive measures to help customers avoid issues and to ensure customer success (e.g. professional services engagements, training sessions, on-site visits, etc.)
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale Hadoop or Cloud based platforms, data warehousing data center, and/or globally distributed analytical solutions
- Expansive industry experience and technical understanding related to the data analytics industry, and/or hands-on experience using analytics technologies.
- Excellent SQL skills in writing and performance tuning queries
- Good understanding and experience supporting Hadoop and Cloud technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the data management eco-system including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, Business Intelligence reporting, etc.
- Experience with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven, no one needs to push you to excel, it’s just who you are.
- Creative and innovative thinker; proactive, tenacious, and curious, positive, team minded.
- Always thinking with a customer centric approach, helping customers is in your DNA.
What We Offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO plus 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness programs including Aaptiv, Headspace, Physera and Ginger
- Quarterly swag surprise
- Certain benefits are only allowed to full time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations.
What We Value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A high-performance SQL (data) lakehouse that helps to accelerate BI and Analytics directly on cloud data lake storage