Enterprise Solution Engineer, West
Solution Engineers (SEs) at SingleStore are solving some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today's data-driven world. When customers evaluate SingleStore, SEs are their trusted technical experts who evaluate, identify, and demonstrate how SingleStore can solve their mission-critical business needs. As key contributors to our sales organization, Solution Engineers add tremendous value to the customer journey and directly impact company growth and revenue.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying the technical requirements necessary to deliver business value for our Fortune 1,000 customers. Working in partnership with Enterprise Account Executives, you will help to acquire new customers and expand existing accounts. You will do this by leveraging your technical skillset and business acumen to understand complex solutions and create high-quality demos that resonate with our customers.
Role And Responsibilities
- Partner with Account Executives to close new business (logos) and expand existing accounts
- Design, develop, and deploy Proofs of Concept (POCs) with prospective customers
- Drive the technical evaluation stage of the sales cycle, acting as the technical lead/subject matter expert (query tuning, load testing, etc.)
- Partner with internal teams (Product, Engineering, etc.) to share feedback on customer needs and requests
Required Skills And Experience
- Experience successfully selling infrastructure software, preferably a database, distributed system, or similar product
- Firm understanding of database fundamentals, including both analytic and transactional processing
- Expertise executing POCs, with experience designing and deploying complex technologies into existing customer environments
- In-Depth understanding of databases, including various competitive products (Oracle, SAP, MySQL, Teradata, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud environments, container setup, deployment, orchestration (including Kubernetes)
- Proficient programming skills in Python, PHP, or other programming languages
- Ability to travel within the region and internationally
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Database of Now.