Enterprise Account Executive - Seattle
We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We are hiring across multiple locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, LA, SF and NYC. If you are not in one of these locations, please apply to our remote role!
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Handshake can drive ideal candidates to their businesses
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with the University and Student teams to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Conceive and pitch creative recruiting solutions that match individual business needs
- Command, report and forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Update and create sales proposals, leading complex relationships with recruiting teams around the country
- Work closely with the Employer, Student, and University Product teams to gather, analyze, and understand customer requirements to develop product enhancements
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsells
- At least 3-5 years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 1 year of Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Willing to work out of our San Francisco office or remotely on the West Coast, with availability for domestic travel up to 40%
Bonus Areas Of Expertise
- Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 1000 companies and other top brands.
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping all students and recent grads find their next opportunity.