Account Executive, Mid-Market (Regional Sales Manager)
This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely.
About The Role:
The Regional Sales Manager ("RSM") is responsible for Vena's sales activities and success partnering with our midmarket segment of potential prospect and existing customer organizations in their allocated geographic Territory. An RSM will successfully drive to meet or exceed their targeted quota, applicable volume and quality of sales activity while following the Vena sales methodology.
An RSM will proactively contribute to your Territory's on-the-ground sales and marketing initiatives and contribute to ongoing improvements in sales effectiveness and productivity. You will collaborate across the Vena organization, including with Sales Team members, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success and Product Teams.
- What you will do:As your Territory's Vena expert, advocate and brand leader, you will own the sales execution and performance in your Territory with prospects and customers. You will participate in guiding sales strategy, and ongoing improvement for your Territory.
- Provide the highest levels of personal leadership and accountability and be an essential partner in ensuring the Company meets its sales targets.
- Directly responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of your reporting and metrics. Own the visibility and completeness of your sales reporting, including sales activities, pipeline status and forecast updates.
- Partner as needed with all Vena Teams to improve and drive sales with appropriate awareness and sensitivity to those Teams requirements, dependencies and operations with the objective of complete cross-functional transparency and alignment.
- Always support Vena's remote inside sales and/or partner teams as needed to promote the Vena brand and drive Territory revenue, engagement and development.
- Actively participate in reviews of your, your Team and the Company's actual and forecast performance, providing feedback on decision making and submitting recommendations to continually promote speed, improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relentlessly drive to achieve your performance targets in key areas such as:
- Quarterly and annual net new software revenue (as measured by annual recurring revenue ("ARR")) generation.
- Prospecting activity through own efforts, guiding and leveraging sales development resources and working alongside the Vena Partner network.
- Pipeline build and ongoing development to secure appropriate coverage and facilitate confidence in forecasts.
- Customer expansion ARR.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Ownership of your targets and the associated metrics and analytics.
- Attendance at weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales meetings including Quarterly Business Review, Kick-Off, Training and Planning.
- Successfully complete onboarding and ongoing sales certification standards.
- Being the best sales partner to other teams including Solution Consulting, Professional Services and Customer Success.
- Using Vena's systems (currently include Salesforce.com, Salesloft, LinkedIn) to optimize your efficiency and ensure all your activities and metrics are reported accurately and with the required details.
- Supporting and owning local Vena (such as Vena 360, Vena Experience, Vena Customer Exchange) and/or third-party events (such as at vendor, partner or industry conferences).
- Promoting the Vena brand to prospects, customers and partners, and at all times acting in accordance with Vena's values and policies.
- Participate in attracting and mentoring sales team members and always be developing Vena's high performance, creative, innovative and results-driven Sales Team. Be responsible for contributing to a team culture that is dedicated to growth, collaboration, accountability and respect.
What You Bring to the Team?
- 3+ years of proven and consistent success in similar RSM roles, working with the Finance Teams of midmarket and larger organizations to guide them through complex sales cycles (multistage presentations, demonstrations, proof of concept and ARR of $25,000+).
- 5+ years total experience in a quota-carrying frontline sales and sales developments role including within high growth SaaS sales team(s) and/or larger enterprise vendors (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc.) and/or 3+ years experience as a sales development expert in a relevant vendor/sell-to Finance/business process solution environment.
- Heavy new logo and Territory development experience.
- You will ideally have applicable experience in "sell to a Finance audience" and Finance Process and Accounting expertise/knowledge.
- Drive performance through creativity, lead-by-example leadership, compelling communication and inspiration. You will have excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to build initial and sustained relationships with senior management and C-suite Finance stakeholders.
- Proven reputation as a sales professional who exemplifies and fits with Vena's values.
- Experience working with CRM and Marketing automation solutions such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn, etc.
- Why Choose Vena?Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 100+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2020!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, all interviews will be conducted using Zoom. As we continue to monitor the situation and follow public health guidelines, our commitment to ensuring the safety and health of our employees, customers, candidates and community around the world remains a top priority. We will continue to offer flexible working arrangements that include working remotely or on site with proper safety and health measures in place.
Vena celebrates the differences that make us all unique and strives to make our workplace accessible however we can.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please specify your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when submitting your application and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
We incorporate accessible practices into all of our internal roles and invite others to join us in our ongoing efforts. Find out more at www.venasolutions.com/va11y
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Plan on a future driven by insight, not instinct. Plan on Vena.