Sales Development Representative
Mentimeter’s vision is to transform presentations and meetings into fun and interactive experiences by making it easy to listen and to be heard. We believe in giving everyone a voice, in every meeting and presentation. We are building a modern, friendly, and diverse product-first tech company with HQ based in Stockholm and now, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team in our brand new office in Toronto, Canada.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will assist in generating new business by qualifying leads and driving various outbound campaigns. You will also focus on the development of each qualified lead to pass to your team of Account Executives and Relationship Managers.
We are looking for a colleague with high energy, an entrepreneurial tempo, and the ability to work closely with our marketing and product colleagues, with a strong focus on business opportunities and sales. The ideal candidate is someone who can start relationships with some of the largest companies in the world - and move them from being loving Mentimeter users to large Enterprise customers.
We are referencing the Dropbox and Slack journeys when we see the future of Mentimeter. Mentimeter is a service that is loved globally and our growth has been almost 100% organic. Sales are currently growing over 10% per month and you will be a driving force to accelerate that growth even further!
We believe that a brilliant person with the right ambition can really leverage their time at Mentimeter. We are growing fast, and with us, so can you. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager to develop Mentimeter as a company to a world-leading position. You will be one of the leading individuals making this happen.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Qualify leads based on our user, presenter and customer databases
- Deal with enterprises on a global level with customers such as Unilever and Uber, in more than 220 countries
- Present and hand-over qualified leads to Account Executives and Relationship Managers
- Continuously improve the processes, analysis, and tactics used by Mentimeter Sales
Resources we have to support you:
- Many (200+ million) users, presenters and customers who love Mentimeter (we have a NPS of above 70)
- Professional CRM and data gathering services (Salesforce, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Intercom etc.) for advanced analytics and segmentation
- World-class lead generation from the Marketing and Product teams
- Marketing and Sales teams to support in analysis and tactics
- Mentimeter principles / ways-of-working
We strongly believe in the power of together, and we put a lot of effort into collaboration, teamwork and helping each other whenever needed. We believe that every part of Mentimeter, from Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives to Frontend developers and marketing managers contributes equally to our continued success. To foster and emphasize this culture and way of working, we apply a non-commission-based salary model in our sales roles, which has proven to be very successful and appreciated across the team.
Skills & Requirements:
Must-haves for the role:
- Minimum 6+ months experience (full-time or alongside studies, eg. internship) in a successful pre-sales position with a proven track record
- Some experience ranging from either prospecting leads, cold-calling, qualifying leads, driving an entires sales process, closing new business, researching good fit organizations and/or data-driven market research
- Ability and some experience assessing business opportunities using data for informed decision making
- Post-secondary education (field not important)
- An entrepreneur in spirit and salesperson by proof, as you will be part of building Mentimeter as a company together with all your colleagues
- Ambitious and result-oriented
- Flexible mindset and open to new ways of working
- You are required to have professional-level English - we sell to 220+ countries globally today
- Excellent communication skills is a must when communicating with external customers and internal stakeholders
- Permanent residency and/or eligible to work in Toronto, Canada.
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience in selling SaaS
- Experience as an SDR
- Bachelor or Masters degree (field not important)
The recruitment process consists of:
- Personality test and logical ability test
- Introduction Interview
- Business Case
- Competence Interview
- Culture Interview
Mentimeter is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection processes in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations during the application and hiring processes, please notify us and we will work with you on suitable accommodation(s), to the point of undue hardship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Make your presentations and meetings fun, collaborative, and interactive. Get the entire company on Mentimeter today!