This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Solutions Consultant is responsible for partnering with Account Managers to drive additional revenue into our existing customer base. The Solutions Consultant will manage technical qualification, provide software demonstrations, respond to RFI/RFPs, lead technical validation activities, build business cases, and collaborate on implementation strategies.
You: You enjoy working independently from home and can travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet sales objectives. Travel is required on an as-needed basis and could be heavy at times. Optimally, 25-40% of the time is spent visiting prospects and customers. Remote customer and internal work is required; you are comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions. Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospect's needs to ensure successful sales campaigns.
Us: We are a fast-paced and dynamic team that adapts to the demanding needs of the sales organization. Our team collaborates and shares best practices that solve challenging problems. We strive for continuous improvement - with a shared goal - to be better tomorrow than we are today.
- Discovery: Assist in the qualification of sales opportunities through discovery. Quantify the challenges and develop a hypothesis for a solution.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of response - including the creation and formatting of the content, ensuring a high-quality response delivered on time.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations that solve the customer’s challenges. The demonstration and is the initial proof of how Apptio will deliver value. These demonstrations could be delivered either live or remotely.
- Apptio Architecture / Technical Components Overview: Deliver in-depth overviews of Apptio’s technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities to highlight and differentiate our unique value in the market.
- Technical Validation Events: Qualify and manage technical validation events that require the use of customer data to show the customer, with detail specific to them, the value of leveraging Apptio’s solution. The qualification will require the Solutions Consultant to develop mutually agreed upon success criteria with the customer that serves as the basis for all validation event activities.
- Transfer Knowledge: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Solutions Consulting team and other parts of the sales, customer success, and product organizations.
- Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solutions Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Offer Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field.
- Familiarity with the tools used to manage technology within an organization, including financial management, capacity management, product/project management, asset management, and reporting.
- Familiarity with basic financial and accounting concepts a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Enterprise Agile Planning (EAP) tools a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven collaborator and liaison spanning strategic and tactical workstreams
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Apptio products and integrations with applicable ecosystems
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- 5+ years experience in a presales capacity successfully selling complex software solutions to Fortune 500 organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- The compensation for this role in the state of Colorado is between $150,000 and $220,000.
- This position is remote.
- Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping organizations make trusted technology investment decisions to drive better business outcomes.