Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. With a $260M Series C round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for the consumer point of sale financing.
What You'll Do
- Our engineers are responsible for building out the Extend Platform and helping third-party merchants and technology partners integrate with Extend.
- Directly impacting our customers and helping us build an application that gets used in the real world and is touched by people every day.
- Work closely with the product management and revenue teams right from the start.
- Passionate about quality, user experience, testing and be a strong advocate for the end-user.
- Working with e-commerce merchants to help implement their warranty program with Extend
- Dive into complex technical problems and work collaboratively to understand and resolve merchant issues
- Be a driver of innovation within the team, the company and with our merchant partners, by looking for better ways to do the work we do, automate our integrations, and build tools
- Set standards and processes around best practices for partner system integrations and help define documentation to support self-serve
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years experience in a Web Development or Software Engineering role
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain technical concepts and solutions to partners
- Ability to own what you are building and see it through from end to end
- Ability to perform in a high energy environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
Nice To Have
- Experience working directly with customers delivering e-commerce projects
- Experience integrating common e-commerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, SuiteCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc.)
- Familiarity with Typescript, React and Node.Js
Life At Exend
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Product Protection Done Right