Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative at Pendo, you will be responsible for generating new and high-quality pipeline for one of our sales territories. Using a comprehensive sales technology suite, you will engage daily in strategic research of the SaaS/Web Application space to determine the best companies and personas for engagement with Pendo’s product. You will work directly with Account Executives to produce and deliver effective outreaches through channels such as phone calls, emailing, direct mailers, social media, and events/networking. This role will serve as hands-on training as you transition to be a sales executive at Pendo. You will become an expert on Pendo’s platform, a wizard of the SaaS industry, and a master of sales strategy and technique. Every day you will be challenged by smart and driven teammates to learn and understand the sales process, as well as one of the most innovative platforms in the market.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Do)
- Generate new, high-quality sales qualified prospects for Account Executives
- Meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies
- Use all available sales data to recognize trends and drive outreach decisions
- Create successful cold calling and email campaigns targeting new prospects
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to prospective customers
- Gain proficiency in SalesForce.com data logging
- Periodically travel to territory events to meet existing prospects, provide face to face product demos, and generate new pipeline
- Work with a close-knit team of talented sales experts who will challenge you and support you in your professional growth
What You'll Get
- Deep knowledge of selling a SaaS B2B product
- Exposure to some of the top SaaS professionals in the industry
- Interaction with the top SaaS companies in the world as they are our customers
- The ability to prospect, demo, and close in a high paced environment
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Datanyze, LinkedIn, and more
- The more you succeed…the more responsibility you will get…quickly!
Qualifications (what You Have)
- You have 1-2 years of sales experience/lead generation (preferred, internships qualify!)
- You have an internal motivation and drive to succeed in a goal-driven position
- You are willing to learn in a fast-paced sales environment
- You possess the ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- You show an eagerness to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- You are belligerently confident and relentlessly curious
- You are a hard worker with a strong sense of urgency
- You are a team player and FUN to work with!
Pink, Perks, And Such
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with the software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital, and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits are 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to improve the world’s experiences with software.