Account Executive - Mid Market (Toronto)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be ‘distributed by design’, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location-specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high-caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Overview of the Role
PagerDuty is looking for a salesperson who is tech-savvy and loves to have fun! We’re looking for someone who has a consultative sales approach, a successful track record of growing sales and is able to run a live demo to a tech audience.
You will exhibit all the characteristics associated with a high-performance sales culture, specifically leading and running a pipeline of new business opportunities and delivering results against a quota.
PagerDuty is customer-centric, the individual will provide the best sales experience possible for our customers.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, developing, and growing current customers with revenue ranging between $75m and $500m
- Develop and maintain the relationships within your named accounts
- Demonstrate selling value to key partners within accounts through both onsite visits and via web conference tools
- Understand customer goals and challenges, and establish PagerDuty’s product as the best solution available
- Conduct demos as required
- Provide mentorship and align with a Business Development Representative for new opportunities
- Prioritize opportunities and synchronize your internal team to provide rare customer experiences and ensure 100% happiness
- Meet, exceed PagerDuty's monthly, quarterly, and annual quota
- Live in salesforce.com for all lead management and sales forecasting
- 3+ years of technical B2B closing experience carrying a quota
- Experience selling SaaS solutions and to C level executives
- Possess previous Salesforce.com experience
- Technical product demo experience, selling to a technical audience
- A consistent track record of success selling into SMB and MM companies
- Effective time management, deal management, account planning, and analytical skills
- Prior experience with the sales process or qualification methodologies
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive can-do attitude with exhibit capacity to meet and exceed quota
- BS degree or higher preferred
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse work experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled, and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your Package May Include
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for a pregnant parents, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parents (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keep digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all-hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.