Solutions Consultant - Functional
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Functional Solutions Consultant understands and/or defines the business requirements and facilitates/configures solution alternatives and estimates to support these requirements. This role includes translating business requirements into specific systems, applications, or process designs for large and complex supply chains.
- Participates in integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall corporate and business goals.
- Leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation of the software.
- Prepare/review project deliverables (e.g. benefits realization strategy, to-be functional requirements, enterprise structure, business process master list, business process design document, to-be functional design, baseline configurations, process maps, control matrices, testing scenarios, user acceptance tests, business process procedures) to ensure they meet project objectives
- Independently initiates, identifies, and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support market research of emerging or available product functionality, and operational readiness assessment.
- Develops the analysis and definition of efficient, cost-effective solutions that support client business processes and functional requirements and resource costs. Advises clients on the consequences of actions. Communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan with the client. Provides ongoing communication.
- Participates in practice development by supporting sales activities
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and a network of professional organizations or affiliations
- Demonstrate thought leadership by writing or contributing to published articles, practice methodologies, and tools, whitepapers. Consults on the identification and definition of solution alternatives within the frameworks provided by Enterprise Architecture.Develops initial estimates for solution alternatives and makes solution recommendations to the business area
- Develops logical solution design and physical solution design.
- 4-8 years of experience as both an implementer and business user of PLM, PDM, EAM, or AIM solutions.
- Deep functional expertise of the activities within the business processes (not necessarily the end-to-end)
- Experience in asset lifecycle information management principles (design-build-operate-maintain-retire) Experience in developing/implementing various test strategies (Module, Integration, User-Acceptance, and Stress-Test) and experience in developing training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to design solutions for complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity from initiation, through development and implementation.
- Must be open to flexible work schedule to support the project and organizational needs as well as to provide triage support for a 7x24x365 environment
- This position requires traveling up to 25%
Your application has been successfully submitted.