This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that clients have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our clients, environment, employees, and community.
Uplight is looking for a Solution Architect to join our Implementation team.
What You Get To Do
As a Solution Architect, you will partner with the Product, Engineering, and Operations teams at Uplight to drive the solution design, architecture, and high-level specifications for our most complex implementations. In this role, you will also work closely with Sales to map out the technical solution approach for bottom-of-funnel, high-probability deals. You will be the go-to resource for client and internal stakeholders, providing insight on how our software works and what it can do. You will learn the software inside and out and will work with clients and developers to help grow our software in an environment with rapid deployments and constant innovation.
Our Implementation team’s background includes technical project management and software implementation consulting.
What You Will Contribute
- Develop technical product expertise and establish credibility with clients as a trusted advisor and the font of all knowledge with respect to Uplight solutions and enterprise integration within the utility ecosystem.
- Drive the solution design, architecture, and high-level specifications for our most complex implementations
- Work closely with Sales to ensure proposed solutions are supportable, viable, and will meet the needs of the client
- Write Technical Engagement Documents to specify all aspects of deployment including data mapping, configuration, backend front-end integration.
- Lead technical workshops with clients - develop and deliver content to guide the client through the solution, technical, and product feature options
- Work with the client to map data fields from their systems to Uplight data specifications
- Build out data dictionary
- Perform data gap analysis
- QA data to ensure it meets agreed-upon requirements
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to ensure customer requirements are met
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to perform a feature gap analysis between our existing shipping product and client requirements to find and fill feature gaps
- Develop and define best practices for solution design
- Provide technical guidance to Uplight project managers on scope definition, deployment, integration, and configuration of new SaaS deployments for our utility clients
- Develop and define best practices for solution design
- Mentor junior team members on solution design and solution architecture
- Travel up to 20%
What You Bring To Uplight
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission
- 3-5 years as a technical project manager or solutions architect for large enterprise deployments, ideally SaaS B2B enterprise applications
- Proven ability to manage dynamics of client business and IT teams for successful projects
- Strong background in data integration, including knowledge of data model/database design concepts and working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with web integration including iframes, widgets, SSO
- Experience working with multiple groups, both internally and externally – clients, engineering, and product management teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential
- An understanding of the utility industry
What Makes Working At Uplight Amazing
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $101,000 to $121,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Engineering Information Technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The new leader in delivering a modern customer energy experience and accelerating the clean energy ecosystem.