Inbound Sales Representative (Americas)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in a Mountain Standard Time or Pacific Time location. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to the Sales Lead, we’re looking for creative, curious, and driven sales professionals to join our team and help more SMBs and mid-market businesses build better experiences for their users, while growing their business.
If you have experience selling to inbound prospects and you enjoy working in a start-up environment, this is a rare opportunity to join an early stage, self-funded, customer-centered, and 100% distributed team. You will manage a pipeline of inbound leads, whether that’s reactively offering your time and expertise, or reaching out to prospects to guide them through their purchasing process.
This is a truly global sales opportunity. Your responsibilities will include speaking with our clients in Australia/NZ, Asia, the Americas and Europe and due to the time differences this role will at times require some flexibility in working hours (with start times ranging from 8am to 10am)
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities at different stages in the sales funnel.
- Understand the needs and challenges of prospective customers by taking a consultative approach to selling.
- Conduct consultative demos and present webinars for both prospects and customers.
- Assist prospects with the procurement process in particular with their legal and security requirements.
- Work with technical members of the Hotjar team to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to current and prospective customers.
- Communicate prospective customer needs to product managers and product teams to close the feedback loop.
- Help refine the self-service experience for leads that fall outside of the sales touch.
- 3+ years of inbound sales experience, of which, 1-2 years includes SaaS sales and quota carrying experience
- You are technically-minded. You can develop a deep knowledge of how Hotjar works, allowing you to speak clearly to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- You are experienced with taking sales calls, diligently following up, and closing deals.
- Enthusiasm to adapt, learn via coaching, and contribute to an evolving sales team’s strategy.
- Experience with Salesforce or an equivalent tool.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is $60,000 to $105,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To give teams of all sizes the insights they need to create experiences their users love