The Solutions Consultant is responsible for partnering with an Account Executive to drive revenue in the IaaS/PaaS/SaaS governance and optimization business by helping to qualify sales opportunities and then bring those qualified opportunities to closure. The Solutions Consultant will manage compelling solution-based value propositions, demonstrations, RFI/RFPs, technical validation activities, and implementation strategies that address the prospect’s critical needs and business requirements. Solutions Consultants will lead development of the solution to propose and be the technical resource coordinator for solution specific sales cycles where needed.
You: You enjoy working independently from home and able to travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives. Travel is required on an as-needed basis, could be heavy at times. Optimally 40-60% of time is spent visiting prospects and customers. Remote customer and internal work required; you are comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions. Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.
Us: We are a fast-paced and dynamic team that adapt to the demanding needs of the sales organization. On the SC team we collaborate and share best practices to solve challenging problems on a daily basis. The cultural value that describes our team best is that we continuously improve because we are always looking for ways to learn and do things better.
- Discovery: Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities and in discovering a particular prospect’s IT business management challenges and vision for a solution to those challenges.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of a response to a specific prospect’s request for information or proposal, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations that clearly articulate Apptio ability to support prospects’ IaaS/PaaS/SaaS optimization and governance challenges. The resulting demonstration and subsequent outcomes are initial proofs as to how Apptio can deliver value based on what was learned about that prospect in a Discovery session and throughout the engagement. These are to be delivered both live and remotely.
- Apptio Architecture / Technical Components Overview: Deliver an in-depth overview of Apptio’s technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
- Technical Validation Events: Manage to successful conclusion the sometimes necessary technical validation events that require Apptio Presales to leverage data and other information provided by a prospect to show that prospect, in detail specific to them, the value of leveraging Apptio’s solution.
- Transfer Knowledge: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Apptio Presales team, both formally and informally.
- Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solution Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Offer Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field
- Familiarity with the tools used to manage an IT organization, including network and server monitoring, service desk, project management, asset management, database management, reporting, and Excel.
- Familiarity with basic financial, accounting and cloud financial management concepts
- Familiarity with the pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Service Providers’ IaaS/PaaS services offerings
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and containers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an IT organization.
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Apptio products.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously given fundamental priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- 5+ years experience in a presales capacity successfully selling complex software solutions to IT organizations of various industries strongly desired.
- At a minimum, AWS Cloud Practitioner and Azure Fundamentals certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or equivalent degree.
This role is based in the Central or Western, US.
This is a remote position.
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Consulting Information Technology Sales
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping organizations make trusted technology investment decisions to drive better business outcomes.