Fountain is enterprise software that accelerates global high volume hiring. Our customers hire millions of hourly workers annually in 78 countries. Job seekers often struggle to get connected with companies seeking hourly workers due to inefficiencies in their hiring processes, and Fountain makes it easier for them to get offers for work quickly. Getting hired fast eases some of the financial instability millions of families face.
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be responsible for partnering with our Account Executives (AE) throughout all steps of the deal cycle, focusing primarily on sales efforts at a practical and operational level. You are the product and packaging expert for our AE team. You will expertly deliver Fountain product demonstrations and share technical/product knowledge to prospects and customers. You are also key partners in scoping the implementation and wrangling the necessary resources (people and information) on behalf of the deal. You will maintain cross-functional relationships with product, engineering, marketing, and customer success in order to effectively communicate the latest product features and customer needs.
You should be adept at navigating presentations to identify and excite persona-based decision-makers, detractors, and champions. Above all, you should be driven, a self-starter, and scrappy. You're looked at not just as a product expert, but as a thought leader that helps get the deal across the finish line.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with AEs throughout the sales cycle, primarily to perform customized demos and presentations as well as host scoping calls
- Configure and customize demo accounts to match prospect brands and experiences using HTML and basic brand images/assets
- Provide support, coordination, and insight during RFP and procurement deal cycles
- Support the AE in controlling the deal by demonstrating confidence in gathering information needed, quarterbacking and managing the scoping process/people that need to be involved, and demonstrate knowledge/recommending setups that would be ideal given the scope/needs
- Organize product feedback and customer needs to communicate back to the product management team
- Provide technical product, service, or equipment information by answering questions and requests
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Identify current and future customer needs and demonstrate solutions through the product
What you should bring
- Proven expertise in problem-solving, product knowledge, selling to customer needs, understanding software requirements, and product development
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- General programming skills (how to use HTML)
- Experience with APIs and Webhooks
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, business administration, communications, computer science, information technology, or computer engineering preferred
- 3+ years of industry sales experience
- Experience working with customizable tech workflow-type software (Salesforce, Marketo, Workday, Workato, Zapier, etc.)
Amazing Perks & Benefits we provide for our employees include (but are not limited to):
Flexible PTO & Work Hours
"Work from Anywhere" Policy
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
Life Insurance & STD/LTD
16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
Learning and Development Reimbursements
Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Exceed your recruiting and hiring goals with the smart, fast, and seamless automation of Fountain.