Sr. Solution Consultant - IBMi
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Position: Sr. Solution Consultant
Position Location: Minneapolis, MN, Louisville, CO or North America
Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, and NVIDIA.
Are you ready to leverage your software architecture knowledge and people skills to make a dramatic impact? We are looking for a Sr. Solution Consultant specializing in IBM iSeries development and modernization with PHP, who is a team player with the desire to pursue a career helping customers adopt and drive value from their OSS solutions. Evangelize PHP/OSS technologies in a strong technical environment where every day presents a new challenge.
Zend Server is an enterprise PHP development platform that delivers leading tools and services for creating and managing web and mobile applications. It offers real-time debugging and monitoring, plus long-term PHP support.
- Understand customer goals and challenges, map Zend and Open Source solutions to IBM iSeries and Linux customer needs.
- Provide on-going pre sales and post sales support to enterprise customers including requirements assessment and best practices consulting.
- Conduct product demonstrations, technical pre sales calls and guide customers through product evaluations.
- Lead community evangelism efforts, present and speak at conferences and webinars.
- Understand customer technical and business requirements, design and scope solution and consulting engagements.
- Provide technical guidance including verbal and written response to inquiries concerning products, usage, and best practices.
- Maintain strong technical and consultative relationships with strategic customers.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated understanding of AS400/ IBM iSeries application development and administration.
- 3+ years of pre sales engineering experience, customer facing consulting or training.
- Experience developing and architecting professional PHP/LAMP solutions.
- Understand pertinent technical questions related to IBMi/PHP stack applications architecture.
- Administration and development experience on IBM iSeries.
- Experience with continuous integration, DevOps automation tools.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
If you are passionate about the technology that impacts our day-to-day lives and want to work with people as talented and dedicated as yourself, apply today!
Perforce is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and celebrate its strengths.
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Engineering Information Technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.