This job is no longer accepting applications.
Granicus provides technology and services that empower government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,500 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 200 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
The Account Executive (AE) will work within the Small/Medium Government (SMG) Sales Team and focus on new sales opportunity creation and win. This role is focused on selling to new prospective clients, or non-Granicus clients. The AE will be responsible for proactive outreach beginning with lead generation and continue through all phases of the sales process culminating in sale win/close. This position is supported by an account development team, marketing department, and technical project managers.
We're looking for candidates located in the Central time zone or adjacent to the Mid-West.
What you'll do:
- Opportunity/Funnel/Pipeline creation
- Proactive client outreach within their assigned territory
- Build awareness, teach and develop new sales opportunities
- Goal - develop a healthy sales funnel of new opportunities
- Meet/Exceed all KPI metrics outlined by the management team
- Opportunity win
- Lead all aspects of the sales process from lead generation through win/close
- Goal - Exceed sales quota
- Prospective clients range from small towns and villages, to cities and counties
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and business plans to acquire new prospective clients within their assigned territory
- Work to identify market trends, best practices, referrals, and new opportunity areas
- Lead all stages of the sales process from lead generation to win/close
- From cold call to sales meetings, demonstrations to negotiation
- Virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Conduct initial qualification and discovery to determine client's current environment, potential projects, challenges and goals to determine how Granicus solutions will help them achieve their goals
- Use an engaging and penetrating discovery process to flush out true sales opportunities
- Effectively listen and understand where a prospect is today and where they want to be, the develop a persuasive solution and teach the prospect what they may not have known
- Teach client about market trends, challenges and issues they did not know existed, and share best practices all in an effort to develop new sales opportunities
- Prepare engaging presentations and demonstrations to groups ranging from 1 to 25 stakeholders
- Work with company resources and teams to leverage knowledge in an effort to successfully lead the sales process
- Build and cultivate relationships both horizontally and vertically through communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Use Saleforce.com to track all sales activities properly, keep all contact/lead data accurate, create new opportunities, and move opportunities thru all stages of the sales process from lead to win/close
- Effective management of a sales funnel and forecasting
- Monitor and communicate target market information accurately to management
- Exceed KPIs for daily, weekly, and monthly activity goals for calls, appointments, demonstrations, sales meetings, etc.
- Develop deep personal expertise and understanding of company solutions
- Identify opportunities for new solutions or functionality of Granicus software
- Stay current on industry trends and new or innovative approaches
- Participate in selected industry activities, organizations/associations and trade shows as needed
- Represent Granicus in a positive manner, foster trust, and reinforce thought leadership
Who you are?
- Proven pattern of success in software sales or highly consultative sales to business or government
- Consistent record of outperforming quota in previous field sales position(s)
- Successful record of managing a sales funnel with deals valuing between $10-$100k ACV
- Strong understanding of information technology and multiple platforms, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly (LAN/WAN, web design, network security, and Audio/Visual technology)
- Previous experience with government or parliamentary procedure is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office product suites
- Experience using Salesforce.com, is a plus, but not required
- Exceptional skills in the following: communication, presentation, negotiation, closing, organizational, and teamwork
- Not afraid of picking up the phone and speaking with someone, including cold calling
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed; takes initiative, willing to go the extra mils
- Able to handle rejections
- Critical/strategic thinking - able to problem solve quickly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team atmosphere
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and goals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic, and a sincere interest in building strong relationships founded in trust
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
- Marketing & Advertising Information Technology & Services Computer Software
- Sales Business Development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering a Modern Digital Government.