Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
Atlanta, GA, USA
Plastiq is growing! We are hiring for two amazing sales teams, supporting two incredible Plastiq products: Plastiq Pay and Plastiq Accept. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for SMB (small and medium business) client acquisition and growth across multiple verticals in both the U.S. and Canada.
This opportunity is perfect for someone with existing Sales Development or Business Development experience who is looking for their first full-cycle sales role. If you are goal/KPI-motivated, excited to learn about businesses in any vertical you could imagine, and want to make a huge difference in your work by helping small and medium-sized businesses succeed, this is the place for you. If you’ve never met a stranger, and are exhilarated by high-volume, quick-close sales, you will excel in our high-energy, friendly environment.
As a part of a fast-growing financial technology company, your role here will require frequent iteration and adaptation of your approach, and an unrelenting positive spirit as you do so. This position is the tip of the spear with regard to client Growth - you will have an incredible team and resources supporting you, so that we can all win together!
This role is remote and employee must be located in a United States timezone.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and activity targets
- Contribute your high energy, support and learnings to a fast-paced, growth-oriented sales team
- Identify SMB opportunities within target verticals, leading outreach to prospects in order to secure new clients and payment volume
- Become a product expert, able to walk business owners through all of Plastiq’s offerings and show them how it will simplify their business payments
- Track and report on success metrics, including lead qualification, touchpoints, conversations, and learnings
- Provide suggestions and insight for the creation and development of marketing materials, including physical and digital collateral, and web presentations/product demonstrations
- Document all learnings and interactions in Salesforce, building a robust profile around each lead you convert into a customer
- 2+ years of work experience, including 1+ years as a top performing SDR or inside sales rep
- You are adept at respecting the needs and wishes of the client and able to achieve quota with a customer-first attitude
- You are a self-starter, resourceful, and eager to initiate and own new projects
- When you're given a task, you take ownership and find a smart, effective way to complete it
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills required, in addition to Salesforce or comparable CRM software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to both internal and external constituencies such as: product, engineering, design, operations, and customer service
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Background in SMB payments or financial technology a plus
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Seniority Level
- Computer Software Internet Financial Services
- Sales Business Development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pay virtually any expense with your credit card for a simple 2.85% fee. It's okay if they don't take cards. We do.