Business Development Representative - US (East Coast)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers--skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects--and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are hiring a Business Development Representative to drive pipeline and acquire customers needed for Degreed’s high growth trajectory. You will report to the Manager, Enterprise Sales Development on the sales team, and work directly to support Sales Directors in our Northeast US territories. BDRs in this role own the “top-of-funnel” and are expected to be tenacious in their approach to outbound outreach.
Ideal candidates are professionally persistent, passionate about learning and thrive in a feedback culture. Degreed is a high-growth startup in an exciting industry and things are ever-evolving. Successful BDRs are adaptable, resilient, open to coaching and committed to discovering unique solutions for specific prospects. We're looking for candidates who live in the Northeast preferably.
- Support sales directors in setting initial meetings with prospects
- Engage prospects through outbound calls, emails, and social mediums
- Discover new opportunities and penetrate key accounts
- Leverage sales intelligence tools to maximize outreach to addressable market
- Evaluate and pre-qualify leads through web research
- Partner with marketing to drive attendance and follow-up for webinars and events
- Maintain data integrity and activity records
- Remain proficient on industry trends
- Enthusiasm for sales, 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong ability to handle objections and immediately provide value to the prospect
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to understand multiple products for different prospects
- Experience presenting complex solutions to complex problems
- An eagerness to learn and an ambition to grow, comfortable providing and receiving regular feedback
- Must live in the United States, within the Eastern Time Zone
- Proficiency in sales tools. Ex. Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, and outreach
- Experience working in SaaS sales
- Knowledge of human capital technology
- Additional language fluency is a plus, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Sales Business Development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities.