Phoenix, AZ, USA
The Solutions Consultant is responsible for partnering with Account Executives to drive additional revenue into our existing customer base. The Solutions Consultant will manage qualification, provide software demonstrations, respond to RFI/RFPs, lead technical validation activities, build business cases, and collaborate on implementation strategies.
You: You enjoy working independently from home and can travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity to meet sales objectives. Travel is required on an as needed basis and could be heavy at times. Optimally, 25-33% of time is spent visiting prospects and customers. Remote customer and internal work required; you are comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions. Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.
Us: We are a fast-paced and dynamic team that adapts to the demanding needs of the sales organization. Our team collaborates and shares best practices that solve challenging problems. We strive for continuous improvement - with a shared goal - to be better tomorrow than we are today.
- Discovery: Assist in the qualification of sales opportunities through discovery. Quantify the business management challenges and develop a hypothesis for a solution.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of a response - including the creation and formatting of the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations that clearly articulate Apptio’s ability to remediate an organization’s technology business management challenges. The resulting demonstration and subsequent outcomes are initial proofs as to how Apptio can deliver value based on what was learned about that prospect in a Discovery session(s) and throughout the engagement. These are to be delivered both live and remotely.
- Apptio Architecture / Technical Components Overview: Deliver in-depth overviews of Apptio’s technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
- Technical Validation Events: Manage fully qualified technical validation events that require the Solutions Consultant to leverage data and other information provided by a prospect to show that prospect, in detail specific to them, the value of leveraging Apptio’s solution, with a mutually agreed upon set of success criteria.
- Transfer Knowledge: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Solutions Consulting team and other parts of the sales, customer success, and product organizations.
- Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solutions Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Offer Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field.
- Familiarity with the tools used to manage IT within an organization, including network and server monitoring, service desk, project management, asset management, database management, reporting, and Excel.
- Familiarity with basic financial, accounting and cloud financial management concepts
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Service Providers’ IaaS/PaaS services offerings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an IT organization
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Apptio products.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously given fundamental priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in a presales capacity successfully selling complex software solutions to IT organizations of various industries strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or equivalent degree.
This is a remote position.
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Engineering Information Technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping organizations make trusted technology investment decisions to drive better business outcomes.