Director of Business Development, Defense
As our Director of Business Development, Defense, you will help architect growth strategies and value creation through innovative thinking, research, and partnership that will transform our business into one of the most innovative firms across the Department of Defense (DoD) market.
To do this, we are assembling growth experts that can contribute unique capabilities and skills – including Business Development, Strategy Execution, Pipeline Sufficiency, and Collaboration. Business Development leads work in partnership with our Operations, Capture, and Solution team members to win and drive growth enterprise value at MetroStar.
You're a great fit if you have:
- Deep relationships across Air Force, Army and other Department of Defense (DoD) components.
- The ability to foster relationships with key agency decision makers, influencers, industry partners and position MetroStar to pursue and win new opportunities
- Working knowledge of leading-edge technologies (i.e., Human Centered Design, DevSecOps, AI/ML)
- An obsessive focus on strategic alignment, growth, and winning deals
- Identify, develop, track, and successfully execute a pipeline of qualified opportunities to support our growth objectives
- In-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape, deals, and funding lines
- Proven ability and track record of winning contract awards of over $50M
- Working knowledge of DoD missions, cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, challenges and buying trends
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
You'll love our position if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 5+ years of Business Development and/or Capture experience, at least 3 of which have been at a strategic leadership level
- Recent (within the last 3 years), notable relationships within the Department of Defense, with a focus on program and contracting components
- Pursuing and winning Task Orders on agency specific vehicles and GWACs, IDIQs, and BPAs.
- Deep understanding of government procurement, and broader federal contracts, regulations, and procedures
- The ability to travel to other U.S. cities as required to conduct capture activities, and foster relationships
- A Bachelor’s Degree
During a typical day, you will:
- Proactively identify and qualify new business opportunities within the Department of Defense through a variety of sources
- Establish relationships with GS-13+ levels across the government
- Participate in industry groups and conferences to represent and promote our solutions and digital services
- Participate in responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Provide weekly reporting and analysis of the business development pipeline, and pitch new deals and strategies to strengthen our pipeline
- Engage in industry events and serve as liaison for memberships and event participation
- Work collaboratively and proactively across the organization to drive and achieve broader company growth objectives
Who we are:
MetroStar is a Virginia-born digital solutions and services firm that has enhanced missions across our government clients at home and abroad for over two decades. Our dedication to our people and the missions of our customers and partners is best exemplified by our mission statement: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MetroStar has a rich, 20-year legacy building the best and brightest teams. Our technology solutions dramatically transform the way our government ser...