Senior Account Executive
Leepfrog Technologies Inc.
Coralville, IA, USA Remote
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. provides its CourseLeaf software to more than 430 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, registration, and syllabi management.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for generating new revenue in a consultative sales process by uncovering the needs of potential clients and presenting solutions on how CourseLeaf solves them. The representative will lead potential clients and their internal constituencies through a 6-18+ month sales cycle purchasing higher price point ($100k+) software with broad functionality.
- Close sales in a consultative, longer sales cycle, higher price point environment.
- Understand and be able to articulate complex software capabilities.
- Contact potential clients, and identify and uncover client core needs.
- Present/communicate company solutions, products and services to potential clients.
- Develop and maintain product and industry knowledge.
- Execute and deliver creative, thoughtful and competitive responses to RFP's.
- Remain current on new developments in higher education technology. Understand changing trends and know what the competition is doing.
- Use Salesforce for account planning and updating progress.
- Act as a liaison between the client and internal teams such as implementation and support.
- Attend marketing events such as conferences and webinars, and build relationships with clients. Follow-up on new leads and referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: clear, targeted, persuasive.
- Excellent sales leadership skills: ability to lead potential clients through the process.
- Strong client orientation and listening skills: able to understand client requirements and translate them into customization options/plans.
- Exceptional ability to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to operate independently: self-starter in fast-paced environment with strong work ethic.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute: translate broad strategies into tactical plan for your area, and execute the plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- Strong Teamwork: ability to interact effectively cross-functionally with internal resources.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner using such remote hosting technologies as Zoom, GoToMeeting or other.
- Self-disciplined and able to maintain a high level of productivity working over a remote environment.
4-10 years’ experience in consultative computer software sales role OR 4-10 years' experience in a University/college Registrar’s office or equivalent combination of experience. Demonstrated success negotiating business deals, preferably in higher education, technology industry, or in major account sales. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred. Proficiency with Salesforce, MS Office, and web-based presentation tools such as GoToMeeting is a plus. Leepfrog Technologies is a flexible, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
Salary plus bonus with excellent benefits package. The salary amount is based on the candidate’s experience and background.
Ability to travel up to 25%+ of the time (typically 1-2 trips per month for ~3 days), with periods of higher travel at peak times of the year. The Senior Account Executive must be able to navigate airports, and locate client facilities. As part of the travel required, should occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Generally, the Senior Account Executive position is considered sedentary and will use office equipment, phones, and computers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.