Sales Development Representative
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About The Sales Development Team
As a member of the Sales Team, you will be responsible for prospecting and generating qualified leads for our Account Executives. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong and natural sales talents, and is committed to creating new business opportunities.
The Sales Development Representative is an entry-level position within sales.
Sales Development Representative Responsibilities
- Support Account Executives by prospecting and scheduling product demos for our web-based solutions.
- Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types.
- Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
- Maintain a volume of 150-200 weekly prospecting calls.
- Convince and command on the phone; quickly establish credibility and rapport.
- Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos and qualified opportunities.
- The ideal candidate has 6 months -3 years of experience working on a sales team, ideally within a technology environment.
- Successful sales including phone experience in B2B, SaaS, tech recruitment, finance, budgeting, and/or accounting.
- Passionate about technology, selling technology and what it can do for society, and redefining a market segment.
- Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive and driven to succeed.
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change.
- Crisp written communication and fluency of expression.
- Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related fields.
- Excellent references (recent and relevant).
- Prior experience with cold calling or attending a sales Bootcamp is a huge plus.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018 !
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers , Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award , 50 Best Workplaces award . Check out our Careers Video !
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering more effective and accountable government, the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities and counties