We’re seeking a Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Enterprise Informatics team, you’ll work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. You’ll also maintain Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and work with highly-skilled individuals within challenging software environments. In your conversations with our Product Managers, you’ll be the voice of the customer!
If you don’t consider yourself an expert in all of the fields below, that’s OK - we’re looking to hire an adaptable polymath who’s excited to learn on the job. Our team will be happy to help you get up to speed in any unfamiliar areas.
Who Will Love This Job
- A skilled systems administrator who’s proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g., bash, python)
- A desktop and HPC technology enthusiast who’s worked with distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking, etc.
- A passionate engineer who understands web-based applications (i.e., REST APIs, data ETL, SQL databases)
- A cloud computing expert who’s familiar with at least one major resource provider (i.e., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- A problem-solver with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- A quick learner who’s driven to investigate performance issues and recommend improvements
- An excellent communicator who’s willing to travel to customer sites
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (which ranges from small desktop setups to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and interfaces for integration into customer systems and technologies
- Help customers tackle thorny technical issues by cooperating on creative, customized solutions
- Work closely with customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on-premises or cloud-hosted installations
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and developers to improve the deployment, support, and configuration aspects of our applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
What You Should Have
- Extensive experience with the Linux OS (and proficiency in a scripting language like bash or python)
- Some research data management background in the pharmaceutical industry (or another scientific space)
- An interest in life sciences and/or physics (a formal academic background in the classical sciences is a plus!)
We’d Prefer To Hire Someone Who Has
- A deep background in research informatics and/or organic chemistry
- An understanding of GPGPU computing
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways
Pay And Perks
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transforming drug discovery and materials research