Sales Development Representative
Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 6,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About The Role
The Sales Team is responsible for bringing in new logos, renewing accounts, and up-selling into current customers. We are looking for a highly motivated professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our tech-focused sales teams as a Sales Development Representative. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll assist in achieving our corporate revenue objectives by providing world class customer service and sales support. The Sales Team is arguably the most impactful in determining the potential of Mixpanel's future, and we're making significant strides.
- Research defined commercial accounts, identify key players, generate interest and engage with potential customers in the tech sector
- Conduct outbound activities to prospect, educate, and develop target accounts
- Partner with Account Executives to prioritize activities against a strategic target account list
- Have immaculate SFDC hygiene to ensure efficient lead management and record-keeping while building and maintaining data integrity
- Provide feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
- Partner closely with account executives in your segment to build and iterate on strategies
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Corporate sales development experience or equivalent experience (Software sales is a plus)
- Successful Outbound prospecting experience (past experience hitting quota, scheduling outbound meetings, etc.)
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Creativity and the desire to innovate and build in a growing sales organization
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
- Inside sales experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in the data analytics space
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Marketo, Outreach or other marketing automation tools
Benefits And Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we’ve seen a spike in our leading indicators—signups and weekly active users—which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we’re the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world’s most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful, self-serve product analytics to help you convert, engage, and retain more users.