Partner Account Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
We are exclusively looking out for candidates from Chicago
The SMS-Magic team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of our Converse messaging platform software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in a rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of our partners' use of messaging technology, promote and identify opportunities with their customers.
SMS-Magic helps thousands of organizations empower their employees, to better serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
SMS Magic founded over a decade ago has become the leading text messaging platform for businesses. We help companies create powerful, personalized connections with their customers. Thanks to our expertise, we are the most recommended text messaging application on the Salesforce AppExchange platform and on the Zoho marketplace. Our Converse messaging platform delivers the most advanced, simple-to-use messaging solution out there.
SMS-Magic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
As a Partner Account Manager, you will use your experience building relationships with, enabling and managing large global partners to choose SMS-Magic and get us in the position to identify and achieve qualified sales opportunities with their end clients.
You will act as a liaison between SMS-Magic and its channel partners and is responsible for building, maintaining and managing long-term relationships with current and prospective new partners. Partner account managers will play vital roles in the revenue growth of channel partner organizations.
You will understand the business imperatives of partners and formulate multi-pronged go to market strategies with them on how Converse can be leveraged by their customers to accelerate digital journeys across industry sectors.
You will also act as the voice of the partner internally within SMS-Magic organization to enrich our value proposition for partners as we grow. You will establish solid relationships and leverage existing relationships with key stakeholders in the partner organization to build win-win opportunities.
You will own the performance of the lead generation process for named partners being the “Go To” person for the partner in all customer initiatives. This will also involve coaching partner sales teams on Converse and SMS-Magic solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grow, maintain, and navigate relationships with SMS-Magic’s strategic partners (Talkdesk, Microsoft, Salesforce, Zoho, Vonage)) at corporate and local levels
- Determine partner program requirements and coordinate internal stakeholders and resources to fulfill them
- Work with SMS-Magic’s sales reps to drive sales opportunities that come through partner channel and/or require partner support
- Work with SMS-Magic’s head of sales and emerging capability leads to create go-to-market strategies and joint offerings with partners
- Monitor partners’ product offerings and work with technical resources to take advantage of early access, betas, etc.
- Work with SMS-Magic’s marketing team and partners’ marketing teams to develop thought leadership, joint collateral, and events
- Attend partner conferences and sales events to demonstrate commitment and generate new business opportunities
- Work with SMS-Magic’s product and engineering teams to ensure the strategic nature of partnerships are aligned; foster strong relationships between SMS-Magic’s leadership and corresponding partner leadership
- Assist with overall execution of our partnership strategy
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12-15 years of experience in building and sustaining relationships with global software partners
- 10 years of technology related partner sales or business development experience at a B2B software company.
- Ability to work and influence multiple stakeholders in matrixed structures of large global software partners
- Strong skills to engage along with partner’s organizations, with their end clients at C level
- The ideal candidate should have built strategies, value propositions, models and programs with partners and, when needed (Salesforce or ISV partner experience +)
- Financial services or Health Care B2B business knowledge
- Well experienced in PaaS and SaaS business models and sales
- English speaking at negotiation level. Additional language skills would be a +
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, curious, high energy individual, team motivator
- Working knowledge of software vendor products and technologies in the communication, CRM and/or messaging industry
- Experience growing, maintaining, and navigating relationships with companies like Talkdesk, Microsoft, Salesforce, Zoho, Vonage at corporate and local levels