Pre Sales Engineer
Solution Engineer/Solution Consultant
Chicago, IL, USA
About the Job
The SMS-Magic team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of our Converse messaging platform software infrastructure.
As a Sales Engineer, you assist the US revenue team in a pre-sales role, helping to manage and close new business opportunities through a formal sales process. In addition, this role will partner with the engineering team to convey requirements and technical options for clients and partners.
When leading companies choose SMS-Magic, it's a huge win for spreading the power of CRM integrated messaging. Assisting in the sale to Financial, healthcare, educational institutions and other businesses sign on to use our messaging products, you come in to facilitate making customers work more productive, mobile, and collaborative.
You assist fellow sales colleagues by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with our product marketing and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to SMS-Magic products.
In this role you will take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle, including general teaching, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. You'll identify and handle key customer technical objections, guiding them to success.
Finally, you will assist in educating SMS-Magic employees, customers, partners, and new product users on our solution. You will conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios and help architect sales to meet gathered requirements.
SMS-Magic helps thousands of organizations empower their employees, to better serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
SMS Magic founded over a decade ago has become the leading text messaging platform for businesses. We help companies create powerful, personalized connections with their customers. Thanks to our expertise, we are the most recommended text messaging application on the Salesforce AppExchange platform and on the Zoho marketplace. Our Converse messaging platform delivers the most advanced, simple-to-use messaging solution out there.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience working as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a Professional Services or Systems Engineering team)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- 7-12 years of experience as a Sales Engineer at a B2B software company
- Working knowledge of software vendor products and technologies in the communication, CRM and/or messaging industry
- Ability to work and influence multiple stakeholders in matrixed structures of large global customers
- Strong skills to engage along with partner’s organizations, with their end customers at both a technical and C level
- Experience growing, maintaining, and navigating relationships with SMS-Magic’s strategic partners (e.g Talkdesk, Microsoft, Salesforce, Zoho, Vonage) at corporate and local levels
- English speaking at negotiation level. Additional language skills would be a +
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, curious, high energy individual, team motivator
- Use your technical expertise to help a customer determine if SMS-Magic is right for them.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highagic value proposition and unique differentiators, using whiteboarding, slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI (Request for Information) response documents.
- Work hands-on with SMS-Magic products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize SMS-Magic effectiveness.
- Administer pre-sales support for new and existing clients.
- Work with sales and marketing to respond to technical RFI/RFP questions.
- Aid in the creation of product training and documentation materials.
- Articulate and demonstrate our learning validation and online proctoring solution, influence customer’s technical requirements, and position products relative to the competition.
- Provide the implementation team with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of the project (including solution configurations and diagrams).
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.