Middle Market Sales Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
The SMS-Magic team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of our Converse messaging platform software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in a rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of middle-market businesses use of messaging technology to connect with their customers.
SMS-Magic helps thousands of organizations empower their employees, to better serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers see the benefits of our technology come to life
SMS Magic founded over a decade ago has become the leading text messaging platform for businesses. We help companies create powerful, personalized connections with their customers. Thanks to our expertise, we are the most recommended text messaging application on the Salesforce AppExchange platform and on the Zoho marketplace.
Our Converse messaging platform delivers the most advanced, simple-to-use messaging solution out there.
SMS-Magic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
As a Middle-Market Sales Manager, you will develop new middle-market business accounts, leveraging existing relationships with C-level executives, developing new relationships, and acting as a business partner to understand our customer's challenges and goals. You will lead the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, collaborative, and mobile, using your passion for SMS-Magic’s products to help spread the magic to organizations in North America.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and grow executive relationships with middle-market customers. Influence long-term strategic direction and serve as a business partner.
- Negotiate and manage complex sales-cycles and present to executives in corporate and North America customers.
- Lead sales strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with net new customers, creating new opportunities.
- Understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, business drivers and challenges, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Drive business development, forecast accurately, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire business cycle.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of technology related sales or business development experience at a B2B software company
- 5 years of experience building strategic business partnerships with middle-market customers
- Experience selling communication software, databases, analytical tools, applications software, or cloud solutions
- Experience working in complex implementation software projects including administrators, global system integrators and partner software vendors
- Demonstrated success with complex commercial and legal negotiations, working with procurement, legal and business team stakeholders
- Ability to work with sales engineers and customer’s technical leads to understand existing software estate, define implementation plans, and build business cases for messaging platform migration
Your application has been successfully submitted.