DMSolutions, Inside Sales Representative
Sales Development Representative
Boston, MA, USA Remote
While DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA, this is a full-time, remote consulting opportunity, meaning that you’ll receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC at year-end.
District Management Group (DMGroup) helps school district leaders combine the most effective educational best practices with proven management techniques to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements in student outcomes. In order to achieve lasting improvement for students, we believe district and school leaders must not only be great educators but must also be great leaders and managers. DMGroup seeks to provide leaders with the best management practices, tools, and support to solve their biggest challenges. Our unwavering focus is on achieving three objectives simultaneously – making things better for students, better for staff, and better for your budget – so that improvements will be sustainable over time.
DMGroup leverages management principles and education best practices to help public school and district leaders effect system-level changes that raise student achievement and improve performance. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve partnered with hundreds of school districts across the country, of all sizes and demographics, to bring about transformational, systems-level improvements that have lasting impact for students.
DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
The Inside Sales Representative is charged with positioning DMSolutions software products and services to prospective K-12 school districts. The heart of the Sales Rep role is to create consultative virtual relationships with both new and existing clients in the K-12 market. To be successful as a Sales Rep, you must be comfortable partnering over the phone and via video with Districts and schools across the country to influence the buying decision process. A successful candidate will cultivate new leads while also maintaining active engagement with their leads, consistently delivering new prospects and closed business to the sales organization. The ideal candidate will possess both inside sales experience in the education sector and a technical background that enables them to successfully manage a high volume of activity. The Sales Rep should have a track record of successfully meeting quotas while focusing on the customer. He/she/they are a self-starter who is prepared to develop and manage multiple accounts and consistently delivers on quarterly revenue targets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A typical day as the Inside Sales Rep might include:
- Outbound outreach to potential prospects via leaderboards and reactivation of contacts (i.e lead generation).
- Following-up on inbound inquiries and leads from our marketing programs.
- Qualifying inbound leads through calls and emails of the time and speaking directly with qualified sales leads.
- Helping evaluate strategies to build a pipeline through development of diverse contact channels.
- Designing and implementing automation in our CRM to increase efficiency throughout the pipeline.
- Enter, update, and maintain CRM information on leads, prospects, and opportunities.
- Reporting customer interactions to the DM Solutions management team.
- Discovering and securing new business contracts and customer expansion.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a hunter's mentality and competitive spirit. A true outbound sales phone hunter, capable of high volume of cold and warm calls, lead generation and research, follow up calls, who conducts all business with the highest professional standards and integrity. You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you, and you won’t stop until they’re met. You love to close the deal but balance long term opportunities with quick-wins.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You are humble and driven to ensure your team succeeds.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and communicator. You use your top-notch communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact until you pass on the deal to the implementation team to begin work. You shape relationships with an ethos of reciprocity.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
This search is being managed by TalentEd Advisors, a boutique executive search and talent strategy firm which partners with social justice-focused organizations. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://talentedadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/1fthOnGJuy/DMSolutions-Inside-Sales-Representative-District-Management-Group?source=SalesTrax
Your application has been successfully submitted.