Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Udemy Business is a part of an elite group of amazing startups, hitting the $100m mark in only five years! We’re helping organizations, large and small, around the globe to close critical skills gaps. Whether it’s the latest IT trend, newest marketing/sales methodology, or how to manage remotely or take control of your productivity, only Udemy offers a platform of over 130,000 courses to the world! This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and begin an incredible journey of growth, achievement and, most importantly, fun.
We are disruptors in the e-learning space, changing people’s lives globally, connecting them with the skills they need for success in work and life. More than 35 million people around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy for Business.
We’re a close-knit bunch. We are building a culture that encourages innovation, creativity, passion and teamwork and we share a profound belief in the power of learning to change lives. We celebrate our milestones and support each other every single day. Egos need not apply.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), São Paulo (Brazil) and remote offices in Australia.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for the future’s top salespeople so if you have a passion for sales, an eagerness to learn and grow, and love to run at a fast pace, this is the role for you. As an Outbound Sales Development Representative, you will be strategizing with your paired Account Executive, reaching out to Fortune 1000 companies, and providing valued insights and stories that showcase Udemy Business’s unique value proposition. With a plethora of innovative sales automation tools at your fingertips, you will become a prospecting master, continually learning new skills that will prepare you for a long and illustrious career in sales (or any path you decide to take). At Udemy Business, our mission is to help people do whatever comes next, including our employees!
Here's What You'll Be Up To
- Increasing revenue through outbound activities including calling, emailing, inmailing, and direct mail
- Understanding and conveying the Udemy for Business mission, value proposition, and product
- Becoming a brand ambassador by getting to know and love the Udemy for Business product and story
- Experimenting with new and creative prospecting strategies
- Continually improving sales skills to attain quota and grow as a sales professional
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- A strong desire to be in sales
- Experience with 1 year of lead qualification, business development or similar skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
We Will Invest In You
- World-class enablement and continuous employee development through the Udemy platform
- Fly Start Program, a two-week-long company boot camp
- Small cohort onboarding ramp with your manager and peers
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your manager
- Weekly group coaching sessions with your manager and your account executives
- Fun and engaging weekly events to improve your skills and on-the-job knowledge
- A clear path to promotion
- Exposure to executive thought leaders with a passion for living the Udemy values
Compensation: $80,000 (uncapped OTE with accelerators), + equity + benefits (see below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest-growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world-class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating new possibilities by opening knowledge to all, from all.