Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Account Executive partners. This role manages the outbound campaigns of their sales division by qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical decision makers to successfully position the Outreach value proposition. The SDR is the primary profile that Outreach platform was created to help - you will be the expert on the product as you will live in it everyday to do your job! SDRs who establish high performance and are strong representations of the Outreach Core Values with have potential for new challenges and career advancement within sales.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Like we mentioned before, you’ll be using Outreach! Our platform was designed to make you successful and help you achieve your quota
- Making 80+ outbound phone calls each day
- Creative outbound prospecting within your named accounts
- Leveraging sales tools such as LinkedIn Navigator to network with potential customers
- Achieving and exceeding weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different businesses operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales manager who values in-the-moment coaching, weekly one on ones as well as autonomy to allow you to own your success
- Opportunity to participate in development programs such as dedicated New Hire “Agoge” Training and Gals & Sals
- Pipeline organization and collaboration with Account Executives for qualified meetings
- Daily team huddles to celebrate wins and share goals
- Base salary + Commission = uncapped earning potential
- You embody our Core Values: We are hungry craftspeople. We have grit. We are honest. We take ownership. We have each other’s back no matter what. We’re one with our customers. We find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Have the ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- Demonstrate empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- Intellectually curious
- Resilient in the face of objections and rejection
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Have a passion for sales and sales processes
- You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates. Camaraderie and Team Spirit is the name of the game around here
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- You feel confident using programs like SalesForce and LinkedIn. If you haven’t used them, that’s ok! You have had to learn new programs before and have a knack for picking them up quickly
- Located in the Seattle area or planning to relocate soon
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Make Your Team a Revenue-Driving Machine