Account Manager - Mid Market Expansion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Submittable is seeking an Account Manager - Mid Market Expansion to join our team in Missoula, Montana or Seattle, WA. We are looking for a passionate, driven sales professional with a track record of success selling and expanding solutions in the B2B SaaS software space. In this role, you will focus on client expansion for Submittable's Grantmaking, Social Impact, and Submission Management software solutions. You will also build strong, long-lasting customer relationships and oversee customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit and grow the Submittable footprint.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Account Management. Position is not remote.
The Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Grow Submittable's footprint by selling new features, services, and instances to our mid market clients
- Own the sales cycle - from lead generation to closure: foster prospects; build relationships; cultivate a consultative sales approach; manage the sales process through responsive, proactive and client-focused communication and client management
- Work closely and thoughtfully with Customer Success Managers and Renewal Specialists when they identify expansion opportunities to ensure a frictionless buying process for our clients; prioritize the customer experience over division of roles
- Provide consultative selling and recommendations to increase the quality of solutions provided to clients; offer holistic solutions that truly solve problems by leveraging Submittable's products, professional services offerings, and partnerships: act and think like a market expert (not a product pusher)
- Meet or exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Problem solve and find ways to improve our business, products, and approach (as well as those of our clients)
- Partner with our Client Services team to foster the transition from Sales Cycle to Client Implementation
- Manage highly complex sales cycles and a multitude of buyer personas
- Manage and maintain a healthy pipeline of enterprise opportunities
- Maintain a relationship with Sales Development Representatives that exceeds pipeline growth goals
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 1+ years of B2B SaaS software sales experience
- Experience creating and responding to RFP's a plus
- Experience creating MSA's and SOW's, as well as facilitating the legal review a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills including managing deliverables to meet quality requirements and deadlines
- A superior track-record of driving Sales and closing deals in excess of $20K in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- Proven track record of exceeding quota
- Experience performing software demonstrations
- Highly developed interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills
- Account planning and execution skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid. Grow your career at an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.