Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CBORD and Horizon are the world’s leading providers of integrated technology solutions powering housing, access, foodservice, nutrition, eCommerce, and card systems for K-12 and higher education, acute care, senior living, and business campuses. Our success and growth are directly attributed to our DREAMteam. Our culture is built on integrity, respect for our people, and continuous personal development. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit, where creativity, innovative problem solving, and learning agility drives our day-to-day actions.
CBORD and Horizon are primed for growth; the Sales Development Representative will be a big part of that. They will be a key member of our fast-growing, high-performing sales team connecting with new prospect Colleges, K12 Schools, Hospitals and Senior Living facilities. The Sales Development Representative will understand the commercial goals and qualify their interest in our products. Our products make a big difference in patient & student satisfaction and safety and our value proposition is compelling in terms of business profitability. This opportunity will allow you to make an impact and grow with CBORD and Horizon.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead Generation – Build rapport with new prospect contacts by understanding where the prospect is in the buying process, offering stage-appropriate resources and answering any additional high-level product questions the prospect may have. This is accomplished primarily through email, LinkedIn and phone calls.
- Sales Qualified Leads - Educate and develop leads to turn them into qualified opportunities, Coordinate next steps with the account executive team.
- Communicate and collaborate with your account executive team partners to develop and execute on territory lead generation and pipeline building strategies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed lead, account, contact, opportunity, and sales activity in CRM system.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Competitive, Results-oriented, strategic 'hunter' focused on building a sales pipeline.
- Curious, you ask great open questions, you process information with ease and adapt, eager to learn more and show a genuine interest in understanding your prospect’s business. Where you see an opportunity you clearly articulate CBORD and Horizon Product values to drive interest forward.
- Achieves daily call/connect volume; meeting phone-based communication requirements; converting cold calls to warm leads; handling prospect rejection; adapting verbal style; closing on meetings & next steps.
- Active Listening - Capturing verbal queues; repeating back input; working with reluctant talkers; obtaining (and documenting) insight; interrupting; interacting with peers, superiors, and subordinates
- Fast Framing - Determine the root cause of client problems and develop innovative CBORD and Horizon solutions quickly and effectively.
- Storytelling - Bring the CBORD and Horizon brand & products to life through storytelling.
- 6 Months of Sales Development experience; internship experience will be considered.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- BS/BA in a technical or business discipline is preferred
- NetSuite CRM and Sales Engagement Platform (Outreach, HubSpot, SalesLoft) experience a plus
- Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, SaaS/Software, or foodservice technology experience a plus
Who You’ll Work With
- Partner internally with the sales development manager to develop strategies of appropriate targets and messages and work to execute those messages to develop interest.
- Target contacts within prospective client institutions to introduce them to new and valuable CBORD and Horizon solutions.
- Targeting contacts within Operations, Finance, Security, Card Offices, Dining and Housing departments at Universities, Colleges, Schools & Hospitals throughout the United States & Canada.
DREAMteam (how we refer to all of us) You’re engaged and self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly driving improvement and innovation. You act as a change agent. You’re a team player contributing to a collaborative and diverse work environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are accountable and focused and take smart risks. You’re an extension of our talent acquisition team – always scouting top talent to join our team.
Why be a part of the DREAMteam: DREAMperks
- Eligible team members have access to a robust health insurance plan on their first day of employment.
- To encourage, motivate and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health and well-being, the Company provides a Wellness Benefit of $200 for the calendar year
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
Eligible team members are granted the following paid time off annually:
- Vacation: 15 vacation days; pro-rated during the first year
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays each year
- Sick Time: 5 sick days
- Personal days: 3 personal days; pro-rated during the first year
Planning for the Future
- Employer-paid Life Insurance / AD&D / Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance / Term Life Insurance / AD&D
- Access to FSA Plans & Commuter Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan where the Company matches team member contributions $0.50 for every dollar saved up to 8% of pay. Fully vested on day one.
- Access to the Roper Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental Leave Program
Make an Impact
DREAMcares (The Company’s outreach initiative to support our extended community)
- Eligible employees will have access to 3 paid days off annually to serve at a qualified and approved organization
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to determine all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create technologies to serve your community.