Solutions Engineer, East Coast
OpenSpace is on a mission to bring new levels of transparency and tracking to construction. Our solutions combine simple off-the-shelf 360-degree cameras, computer vision, and AI to make it incredibly easy to capture a complete visual record of the jobsite, share it via the cloud with remote teams, and process for insights. To date, our customers have used our platform to capture over a billion square metres of active construction projects, across thousands of sites, in dozens of countries.
OpenSpace was founded in 2017 by experienced entrepreneurs and engineers with several successful exits under their belts and is based in San Francisco. We are rapidly growing and well-funded with a team that combines people with deep, first-hand experience in construction with the best AI PhDs and Engineers out there.
OpenSpace is currently seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our US team based team, you will be the technical representative for OpenSpace’s products and services in the Sales organization.
You will be responsible for helping customers evaluate the solution, respond to technical questions, and train and support prospective customers that are testing the solution before they transact with OpenSpace. This includes setting up accounts, training customers, and following up with customers after they capture to support the customer until the customer makes a purchasing decision.
Responsibilities (what You Will Do)
- Partner with Account Executives to drive complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles across industries to solve diverse mission-critical business problems
- Drive the discovery process, helping to uncover your customer’s current pains and align to their business objectives
- Prepare and deliver high impact presentations and demonstrations that tell OpenSpace’s differentiated story
- Guide customers through the evaluation process of OpenSpace ensuring that our solution meets key business objectives and technical requirements
- Become the first line of defense for technical pre-sales activities, such as drafting initial RFP/RFI/RFQ responses, product demonstrations and pre-sales on-boardings
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders, including Product and Customer Success, sharing customer feedback and facilitating a smooth post-sales handoff
- Develop a technical understanding of the competitive landscape and OpenSpace’s differentiators. In tough competitive deals we want you to be an expert that can be pulled in to discuss differentiators and help run pilots to box out competition for major prospective clients.
Requirements (what We Want To See In You)
- You can discover and understand customer pain points and requirements
- You have the technical savvy to work with Salesforce.com, social media, and other internet based research tools
- You have strong, professional communication skills -- written, verbal, and in presentation
- You can manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- You have drive, grit & team orientation: you have a strong desire to compete and win
- Results-driven and have a consistent track record of exceeding quota
- Analytical, detail-driven and a master multitasker
- BA/BS degree or relevant years of experience
Characteristics (How You Like To Work)
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- A desire to get to know and understand our customers and the construction industry
- A healthy respect for deadlines: the ability to prioritize progress over perfection and the drive to see projects through to completion
- Entrepreneurial and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to think strategically and to own issues
Bonus Points for
- Startup experience
- Strong bonus points for experience in the world of construction
- 2+ years of corporate experience (software pre-sales or sales is a plus) is preferred
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- Lots of growth potential: you are joining us as we scale up
- You'll feel satisfied that you're delivering something that people love
- Equity at an early stage company positioned for massive growth.
- We are working on something awesome!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
OpenSpace is on a mission to bring new levels of transparency to construction.