At Kibo, we provide unified commerce products that are inspired by our clients’ needs, designed to empower their teams, and that are tailor-made for today's sophisticated shoppers. As a strategic partner to retailers, brands, and manufacturers, we are committed to their financial success in an unpredictable world.
Kibo is the only extensible, unified commerce platform that delivers personalized, omnichannel experiences. Our platform combines AI-driven personalization from industry leaders Monetate and Certona, omnichannel commerce, and enterprise-grade order management. Global clients like Office Depot, Taco Bell, and Patagonia rely on us to support a wide range of commerce strategies, including headless commerce, that meet high growth goals and customer expectations.
The Solution Engineer’s (SE) primary role is to partner with the Sales Department and to work alongside Account Executives (AE) and Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) to achieve sales and bookings goals. This position supplies technical product expertise in the sales process and is responsible for defining the product-solution design and approach to solve for customer requirements. The SE provides valuable industry and technology insights for the deal team and is a key contributor in developing deal win strategy and the business plan. This position evaluates technical requirements of new sales opportunities and presents technical solutions in the form of software demonstrations, detailed solution illustrations and comprehensive integration diagrams that focuses on solving current pain points and driving incremental value. To deliver this effectively, SEs frequently travel to customer sites to present in person to large stakeholder teams.
Participate in customer technical discovery sessions to develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s current state, current processes, current systems, and current pain points.
- Provide timely, accurate and favorable responses to technical and business requirements
- Support the deal team with technical content for proposals
Provide technical qualification for all assigned deals from a product-fitment perspective through:
- Collecting and evaluating business and technical requirements
- Evaluating account CaP DB scoring pertaining to existing customer systems
- Evaluating Kibo differentiators against known or assumed competitors (win probability)
Attend “First Vision Calls” with AEs to gain deal insight and build deal strategy.
Support “Second Vision Meetings” By
- Presenting pre-demo value-based solution decks to customer stakeholders
- Delivering value-based tailored product software demonstrations to customer stakeholders
- Leading customer technical discovery sessions to develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s current state, current processes, current systems and current pain points
- Recommending a partner strategy, and fostering partner deal alignment in coordination with the Partner team
- Delivering a high-level solution diagram
- Assisting the AE with Solutions and ROI metrics for perfecting the business case
Support “Commerce Innovation Sessions” By
- Facilitating customer deep-dive technical and systems discovery sessions to develop a comprehensive view of current state, current processes, current systems, current data flows, and current pain points.
- Presenting highly tailored solution decks to customer stakeholders
- Delivering customized product software demonstrations that address critical detailed use cases
- Delivering detailed current-state and future-state system maps
Produce Prospect Profile documents for each deal that provides a comprehensive view of the customer, the pain points, the value drivers, and the pitched/sold solution.
Work with Kibo services to ensure successful delivery of SOWs that accurately represent pre-sales pitched solutions
Attend and support Sales-to-Services handoff meetings for won deals
Attend and support internal Win/Loss meetings after each deal close
Proven history in at least two of the following:
- 2+ years as a SE in commerce or a related software (strongly preferred)
- 2+ years selling cloud-based commerce software
- 2+ years as a technical analyst in software-as-a-service (SaaS) cloud technology
- 2+ years at Kibo in a technical or sales-related role
Additionally, a Successful SE Candidate Will Have Prior Experience
- Giving customer/prospect-facing presentations
- Presenting to large (10+) audiences
- Illustrating process mapping
- Using commerce software
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical skills (ability to analyze large amounts of information)
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with coworkers in a results-driven culture
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all buyer and user personas (business and technical)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by your needs to power your teams for retailers, manufacturers, and brands.