This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Solutions Architect at Mode, you will serve as a technical guide and trusted advisor to Mode's customers. You'll bring expertise in all things analytics to engaging and advising Mode's customers - from best practices on building a modern data stack to wrangling data models to structuring insights in dashboards. While collaborating with Mode's customer-facing teams, you'll make recommendations and provide tailored solutions to help customers get the most out of their data. If you're a passionate analytics and data science champion who loves teaching others and sharing best practices with customers, you'll be a great fit!
What you'll do:
- Be a Strategic Customer Partner: Expertly navigate customer conversations to understand needs and synthesize approaches into tailored solutions
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor: Bring deep curiosity and thought leadership to our customers with industry expertise, knowledge, business acumen, and technical understanding of Mode's platform
- Collaborate to Solve Problems: Work cross-functionally with customer success, support, solutions, product, marketing, and other organizations to optimize approaches and solutions to help customers get the most out of their data
- Connect Customer Value to Growth: Support efforts for customer expansion by advising customers on ways to approach self serve analytics and optimize value that data teams bring to their internal stakeholders
What we look for:
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role in sales engineering, solutions engineering, solutions architecture, technical account management, and/or consulting into the data analytics / business intelligence market
- Deep expertise in data analytics and visualization; experience in SQL, Python, and/or R; Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google); ETL (e.g. Stitch, Fivetran); Database/Warehouse (e.g., MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Cloudera); REST APIs and Webhooks
- Experience working in an analytical role with knowledge of modern data concepts - including modeling, data stacks/tooling, and the competitive landscape
- A focus on achieving winning customer outcomes and a deep love of a consulting with customers
- Innately curious
- Proven track record of leading from the front and working in a highly collaborative environment
- Superb communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently, but align actions for the greater good of the team. Must be a multi-task master with the ability to prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- A passion for data!
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $140,000+ OTE to be determined by level. #BI-Remote
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SQL, Python, and R. All in one platform.