Cloud Solution/ Sales Engineer
Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Solution/Sales Engineer to join our Sales team! The preferred location for this role is Austin, Texas area. This role is 100% remote.
Who You Are
You are a Cloud and DevOps specialist experienced in Sales with the passion and technical ability to help organizations move to the cloud. You take pride in guiding a prospect through the ins and outs of this complex process– all the while advocating for the immense value your organization delivers. Your strong verbal and written communication skills combined with your high degree of confidence and poise to make you a leader in any situation. You are eager to bring your unique blend of technical and soft skills to an organization and act as the technical authority during the sales process - performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs; working with a wide variety of stakeholders to gather needed information through to close.
What You'll Be Doing
- Acting as a thought leader at Taos and utilizing your in-depth knowledge around the technical aspects of all our cloud services and the industry, including:
- o Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud
- o Managed Cloud Services
- o Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- o Outsourced IT Infrastructure Solutions
- o Security Services
- Teaming with up to 10 Business Development Executives to develop a high-quality sales funnel and to co-lead campaigns to win opportunities and meet/exceed sales and revenue targets
- Working closely with customers to understand their requirements, map those to Taos service offerings, and propose differentiated solutions that are backed by solid financial business cases – and that put Taos in a winning position
- Building new and leveraging existing relationships at new and existing clients across relevant roles including CIO, CTO, VP of Infrastructure, and other influential “mobilizers” within target accounts
- Representing Taos’ cloud enablement and management capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influencing customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints
- Determining client requirements and providing solution design and technical descriptions.
- Driving the creation of proposals, RFP responses, and Statements of Work
- Working with our Service Delivery and Engineering teams to provide pre-and post-sale support as needed to clarify service expectations, including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Developing and growing internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and presenting ongoing technical training to Sales and Service Delivery Personnel
- Providing guidance to sales, operations, marketing, and product development on industry and technical trends observed within our customers’ environments and competitor wins/losses
- Meeting and exceeding management targets for number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, closed, and training completed
What You'll Bring With You
- B.A. /B.S. Degree is required (possible exceptions if offset by professional experience and track record)
- At least 5 years of enterprise sales experience in a pre-sales solution engineer or solutions architect role
- Cloud certifications in either AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud a must
- Hands-on Skills:
- Knowledgeable in DevOps tooling
- o Terraform
- o GitHub
- o Azure DevOps
- o The ability to build Infrastructure as code on GCP & AWS
- Cloud knowledge
- o AWS
- o GCP or Azure
- Ability to build Lab environments
- Experience with professional services- scoping, sizing, solutions with clients is a must
- Operational experience in delivering/running cloud managed services and/or professional services will give the candidate a significant advantage
- Proven ability to sell both professional and managed services into Fortune 2000 accounts as the technical sales lead
- Technical and operational acumen with developing solutions for pricing of cloud migration and managed services
- Strong understanding of cloud technology (especially AWS) with a broad understanding of infrastructure and AWS Ecosystem technologies
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures; AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud design, build and/or operational experience
- Understanding and some experience with Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive offerings
- Solid understanding of the technical and operational strengths and weaknesses of competition in the cloud managed services space- and ability to adeptly position Taos in light of that knowledge
- Demonstrated competency developing, nurturing, and maintaining executive relationships across IT, Product Engineering, Finance, and other functional groups impacting IT decision making
- Track record juggling the pursuit of multiple opportunities across different lines of business and several BDEs simultaneously
- Competency with research skills and industry acumen required to perform insight-based selling and to put IT solutions in the context of the most pressing (and funded) business challenges for new and existing clients
- Track record of hunting for new logos and farming existing accounts
- Understanding of target industries (technology, SaaS/ISV, healthcare/pharma/biotech, financial services) and solution areas (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS, DevOps, Security, Networking, Sys Admin, Data Center Consolidation/Migration, Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud)
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible, which means that two weeks have passed since your second dose of either the BioNTech Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Sinopharm or Sinovac vaccines, or two weeks have passed since you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Proof of vaccination status may be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
- By submitting your application and information to Taos an IBM Company you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
Who is Taos?
Taos helps today’s enterprises and rapidly growing businesses harness the power of the cloud and DevOps with digital transformation and optimization solutions. From Executive Leadership to our delivery teams, Taos listens, understands, and delivers best-in-class work. Our deep technical expertise and solutions-driven approach help address our client’s biggest business challenges and opportunities. As a Global Leader of Cloud and DevOps, Taos continues to solve What’s Next.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.
For US Candidates, this job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible, which means that two weeks have passed since your second dose of either the BioNTech Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Sinopharm or Sinovac vaccines, or two weeks have passed since you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Proof of vaccination status may be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An IBM Company