Mid Market Account Executive (Boston or Austin)
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Sales at Tessian
Having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up, and looking for Account Executives to capitalize on the huge demand for our product.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight-up hustlers to help us build something special.
We’re looking for outstanding tech salespeople who have consistently hit the target and thrive in taking full ownership of the sales cycle, from lead generation through to closing. You’ll be an articulate presenter and a strategic planner but above all, dynamic and goal-oriented.
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history.
In This Role You'll Get To
- Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline on your own
- Present our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigate through complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious companies across the East Coast
- Be able to anticipate, manage and influence prospect objections
- Ensure a high level of responsiveness with prospects through the sales process
- Proactively source new leads and new business opportunities, with the support of the sales development and marketing functions.
- Research accounts to understand needs, enable effective follow-up, and generate interest
- Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
- Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a track record for exceeding targets in cyber security sales, ideally in start-up, or 3+ years in a high-performing professional environment
- Ideally has broad experience from lead generation through to closing deals
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has a confident persona and can deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Is very good at communicating complex technical ideas in a simple, compelling way
- Is highly professional and results obsessed
Why we think you'll love it here 😍...
All Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above-market rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, there’s plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
- A full week of work-remote a year (for those who aren't fully remote!), in addition to 31 days of paid holiday (20 days PTO + 11 federal holidays)
- An extra day of paid holiday (up to 5) for every year you're with us!
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family-friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality MacOs tech kit for you to work on
- Comprehensive & generous health insurance options
- If you're relocating to join the team in person, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- On Fridays we stop early for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off for the weekend!)
- Classpass subsidy - which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
- A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to cover all your home office must-haves or, if you are fully remote we will kit out your home office through our remote office provider, First Base.
- Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets
And, if you are based near one of our hubs (currently Boston & Austin), you will also have access to:
- An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Flexible work from home policy (for those who aren't already fully remote)
- Team lunch provided once a week
- Whole team socials every quarter
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creators of Human Layer Security. Empowering people to do their best work, without security getting in the way.