Sales Development Representative (Remote Opportunity)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named the Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About The Role
Are you a builder, doer, with a curious mind and hungry to make an impact?
We are looking for high performers who can marry Starburst Data’s leading product offering with the right customer. Partnering with an all-star sales team that rolls up their sleeves at our fast-paced growth company, you should be inquisitive, and have some understanding of our offerings, while we give you the tools and mentorship to be the very best. You revel in the day-to-day details, all while understanding the big picture -- routing your sales efforts to Account Executives with ease. This is the ideal role for an entry-level candidate hungry to launch their career in software sales.
What You Will Be Doing
- Introduce potential customers with a 35,000-foot view of Starburst Data
- Collaborate across sales and marketing to strategize and generate appointments for outbound prospecting – growing our pipeline by offering market solutions
- Meticulously track and nurture your outbound activity
- Nimbly interact with potential customers through various points of contact including attending in-person meetings, training, and trade shows with confidence and ease
You’re a great fit if:
- Pride yourself on your “bedside manner” with all levels of customers: in-person, on the phone, and in written form
- Have knowledge of workflow systems and related customer business process improvements
- Adeptly prioritize and reprioritize based on the evolving demands of other departments
- Know that Salesforce isn’t just a building in San Francisco
- Thrive in the unknown – and have a track record to prove it
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.