Customer Account Executive (B2B SaaS Sales)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Customer Account Executive, you will contribute to the overall growth of the company by driving expansion sales with existing clients. You will work closely with Quorum’s Customer Success Managers to identify cross-sell targets in their portfolios. Then, communicate directly with clients to uncover and understand their individual needs, recommend solutions to solve those challenges, and execute on contracts to achieve your revenue target.
This role includes responsibility for expansion sales to potential clients. This role does not include responsibility for renewals for existing clients and/or new logo sales to potential clients.
The Customer Account Executive will report directly to the Director of Emerging Markets and will be part of a new team dedicated exclusively to client expansion. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales executive who wants to help build a new sales function.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the history of Quorum, get introduced to colleagues inside the Customer Success team and start learning our culture. You and your manager will review a comprehensive onboarding plan that will address the product and market knowledge you need to work with Quorum clients. You will also be introduced to the Expansion Sales Playbook along with other relevant sales systems and assets (Salesforce, etc). Finally, your manager will outline expectations for lead and opportunity conversion required to meet your sales targets.
- First Month: You will participate in sales training to build a fundamental understanding of Quorum’s products, primary value propositions and use cases, and buyer personas. You will shadow demos with potential clients and trainings with current clients. During this time you will gain an intimate knowledge of the Quorum sales process and begin reviewing the existing sales pipeline for your portfolio of clients.
- First Six Months: After successfully completing sales onboarding, you will assume full cross sell responsibilities for clients within your portfolio, converting leads created by Customer Success Managers along with executing your own prospecting to uncover new cross sell opportunities. With the help of the customer success management team, customer success operations and marketing assets you will be expected to build and manage your pipeline.
- First Year: You will demonstrate mastery of the Quorum products and lead a healthy pipeline to achieve annuals sales quotas. Success in the role requires proving yourself a partner both to the customer success management team and to Quorum’s clients.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth of a startup and have experience selling a multi-product Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution
- You take pride in having a proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- You have experience selling a product with an average sales price (ASP) of at least $5,000 in annual recurring revenue
- You believe that revenue growth derives from demonstrating recurring value to the customer and have used a consultative or value-based sales approach. (Bonus points: You’ve studied and practiced Challenger Sales methodology!)
- You are enthusiastic about public policy and/or politics—as evidenced by either prior work history or a motivation to join the Quorum team
- You identify as a metrics-driven, hungry, and ethical professional
- You want to make valuable contributions to a growing team, and plan to do so by consistently reflecting on your strengths and weaknesses, shifting behavior to improve the quality of your work, broadcasting what’s working to your colleagues, and seeking guidance/coaching in areas of growth
- You are looking forward to working in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute to the development and implementation of new processes, and have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You will stand out as a candidate if you are able to discover and articulate business and personal pain points when engaging prospects in casual conversation
- You’re a rockstar if you are skilled at examining a sales pipeline and adapting behavior based on self-identified pipeline performance metrics
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to be the engine of growth for our company year over year without the need for outside investment
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum on the business development team is a unique and particularly fulfilling experience because each team member not only has a direct impact on our year over year growth rates but also, contributes to our culture of building the business we’d want to do business with
- We are dedicated to recommending the best possible solution for the challenges prospects identify and having an honest discourse with our buyer
- We take pride in earning the trust of our market through an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We regularly provide peer-to-peer feedback and coaching for one another to ensure the success of our team
- We work hard to foster an ambitious and supportive environment, where discourse and peer-to-peer accountability help drive personal and professional growth
- We are curious, hardworking, and pursue our goals with perseverance and passion
- We are searching for high-energy Account Executives who can recognize opportunities, articulate professional and personal obstacles, and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $80,000 (OTE Varies Based on Sales Quota)
- Compensation Mix: 60% Base | 40% Sales Incentive Compensation
- Sales incentive compensation is comprised of commissions and a Customer Success team bonus
- Benefits: Stock options, 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Your application has been successfully submitted.